Scanner Needed - for 3D objects

trump 15:24 20 Sep 03

I started this thread in the helproom - then realised it should've been in this forum, so I've repeated it here.

Hi Wondering if anyone has any advice? I sell miniature figures on ebay, so I need a scanner that will scan 3D objects of approximately 25mm depth with fair quality focus.
For an example of the type of image required visit: click here

My old mustek bearpaw 2400 did this very well until it died suddenly - I tried to fix it but with no success. I bought a discounted HP scanner at Dixons but it didn't do the job (no depth-of-field) so I returned it and had much hassle getting a refund.

Most sites don't give depth of field on technical specs. Does anyone have any suggestions for an inexpensive (reluctant to spend much more than £50) replacement?

-pops- 15:54 20 Sep 03

I'm not surprised that you don't get depth of field in scanner specifications, they are not designed for 3D objects and I feel you were lucky to find one in the past that did this for you.

Having said that, I know they do, or did, exist because I remember several years ago on QVC that they made a point of one of their scanners being able to scan 3D objects. I can't remember any detail at all but, QVC tend to sell items from the same manufacturer for years on end so if you look on their website, you may be able to find a possible producer and take it from there. Remember that QVC have a 30 day no quibble guarantee as well!!

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:08 20 Sep 03

There are 3D scanners (Linotype Hell) for graphics and repro work but they cost your here has some interesting reading and click here and click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…