Scanner buying advice

Rebanut 08:32 14 Jun 03

Any advice please for which scanner to buy which is easy to use for someone who is fairly new to
the world of PC's.

many thanks.

Mango Grummit 10:32 14 Jun 03

I got a Canon N670U last year for about £60 I think it was. Came with all software necessary for all my uses. Have used it to scan many hundreds of old photos for putting on CDs. It's a great bit of kit and sooooo easy to use.

I expect the model has been superseded by now and if so have a look for the latest equivalent. I suppose scanners are all fairly similar within any price range, although someone will probably know different, but the important thing is to make sure the software is what you need.

spuds 11:23 14 Jun 03

I have a HP ScanJet 5100C, which as seen usage over the past 4/5 years. Good 'bulky' model and did it's job fine, but I have now just purchased a Umax Ultraslim SE from Argos for £39.99.Had some problems installing, and had to contact Umax support.Eventually I had to purchase a self powered USB hub, so that the scanner would work correctly. The Umax is nice and compact, so saving space, plus it is capable of the usual email,scan,fax procedures.Not bad for the price.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…