//some 3rd party need geo

Scan.co.uk X800XT PE issues

EvoVI66 17:28 22 Nov 04

Hello all i was looking to find some advice. A while ago i purchased an X800XT PE from scan.co.uk upon recieving the card i found there was a problem there was graphic corruption on every game i played. I sent scan e-mails detailing the problem whihc they said could very well be a heat problem so on this advice i went out and purchased an ThermalTake case with 4 fans whihc i my opinion should solve this so called heat issue. Upon installing all of my components i still had the same problem checked system and card temps and they were all well below the maximum heat readings. So with this info i went back to scan who said i should check my AGP aperture size whihc i found strange as i didnt think this would cause graphic corruption but still i used all settings still the same problem again back to scan. This time they said it may be my system whihc is incompatible with the board ok i thought. So with this info i went out and bought a new system i needed an upgrade anyway. I bought an athlon 64 3400+ clawhammer on the 754 chipset and the ASUS k8V SE deluxe Mobo. I also purchased 1.5GB of PC3200 ram and to make sure all this ran fine i bought an 550W power supply which in my opinion should be fine to run all this. Thinking this should finally solve the problem as everything except the X800 is new components which shouldnt be incompatible with the board how wrong i could be still the same problem. Back to scan i went this time they said they would look at the board sure enough they did and they said its not the board it has to be my system. Now how can it be my system they cannot tell me that i just so happened to pick 2 systems which dont work with the X800 i find this very hard to believe. My problem now is scan are saying they wont refund my money as it has been more than 30 days whihc of course it has trying to sort this problem out cost me money and time something i cannot complete in 7 days they are still saying its my system whihc i know it isnt as the 9800XT runs fine i ahve had nothing but trouble and now i am totally lost as to what i can do or where i stand on getting my money back or getting a replacement card any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Dave Causer

-Beb- 17:40 22 Nov 04

Yeh i know the feeling - that's why I never order from Scam anymore, sorry I meant Scan.

You're lucky they didn't send you back a different item resulting in you having to pay postage costs again to get the original item back. Well done Scan...

Sorry I haven't been of much help. My only thought would be to try out the card in someone else's PC. If you still have the problem then take it to a local computer shop and ask for an engineers report, then send that to Scan along with the card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…