Scan - oh no not another thread

CalmCookie 02:58 05 Jul 03

I bought a Hiperpower 520W PSU with 3 fans (superquiet) on 20th December 02 and on the 10th June 03 it died..(less than 6mths old)...in fact, it took a mind of it's own and was not going to switch off unless the plug was removed from the mains.
I duely contacted Scan from whom I bought the PSU and they refused to refund my monies but they would replace it. I sent it back on the same day it failed, with the RMA number plastered in bold letters over the packaging.....and have I heard anything????.....NO.
Tracking it, shows that it's been stuck in the system at the same point since the 17th of June. I've phoned them....I've emailed them.......but their lack of customer care just astounds me.
Editor....any chance you will get a senior representative of Scan to account for their poor service?
Maybe the best thing is: my vote..I DON'T recommend them as a good retailer of PC components.

Forum Editor 08:11 05 Jul 03

should be to write a letter. Send it by special delivery, addressed to the sales director. Tell Scan that unless you receive the replacement within seven days you will immediately contact the Trading Standards office.

Unfortunately your course of action is somewhat limited in such circumstances, and although you will eventually get a result by using the legal process your best bet is to plug away with the phone calls. I don't have direct access to a senior person at Scan, but when you next phone the company you might try telling them that you've posted details of their inefficiency to tens of thousands of potential customers in the forum.

rickf 16:42 05 Jul 03

I think FE's response is a good one. I have bought from Scan once w/o a hitch but after reading posts about them,Mesh,Time,DEll to name a few I'll never touch them with a barge pole. I only keep to ones I personally know are reliable. Never had probs with novatech, aria and dabs. There must be others like me who are put off this bad publicity re these companies. I think they will not change until it begins to hurt. Its the only way.

Stuartli 17:35 05 Jul 03

Whenever I've had a rare problem with Scan (or any of the many people I know who use the company), it has been sorted out quickly and without problems.

However, if it is possible, it's always best to take any faulty items back personally for the fastest service. Scan is situated to the rear of Bolton Wanderers' Reebok Stadium.

I am fortunate in living only about half-an-hour's drive away.

The Spires 20:46 05 Jul 03

I sent a single email to Scan regarding a faulty keyboard a few weeks ago (£2.95) I noticed this month that the refund was on my credit card. They kept their word with me.

The Spires 20:58 05 Jul 03

P.S. Although the keyboard was in fact faulty, I have spent quite some money with Scan & this was a bit of a test, I did not return the item merly told them it was DOA. I have always been very pleased with the speed of delivery, packing of items, & general reliability of Scan.

The Spires 21:10 05 Jul 03

Sorry about this being the third post, but rickf if you only buy off those who you find you 'personally know are reliable' and you 'bought from Scan once w/o a hitch', why on earth won't you touch them with a barge pole? Don't believe everything you read.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…