Scan "Not Giving Refund"

akzah 17:15 16 Apr 03

I purchased a 256Mb PC2100 Memory Module in July 2002. In February 2003 the memory failed and I was given a RMA number. I received a replacement on 3rd March.

Within a month the memory failed and on the 31st March and I phoned your Technical Support who told me to send the memory back, “If it was faulty then I would receive a Full Refund otherwise I would receive a different brand” the support said.

A week later I phoned to ask whether it was found faulty and your employee told me that it had been found faulty and I would receive a full refund. I also checked your website and it said “Credit Authorisation”. Under the impression that I was going to receive a refund I bought some new memory.

After nearly ten days I sent an email asking why the money has not been transferred yet and I was told via email:

“Mr XXXXX

We are still waiting for credit authorisation, as the memory was
purchased 02/07/02 we would not offer a refund only an exchange
under the warranty at this stage.”

After phoning your support they told me that they were not going to give a refund neither credit. Even after two memory failures and after two employees stated that I would get a refund.

What should I do, they say they are sending a new memory out to me soon??

Thanks (edited from letter being sent to them)

MichelleC 10:59 17 Apr 03

Faulty memory seems to apply to their employees too.

It's unusual for 2 lots of ram to go. was it the right type for your pc?

akzah 16:11 17 Apr 03

The memory was the correct type, click here is the thread about the memory when it failed.

I have sent them a very long email yersterday with details of the converstations and emails.

So just have to wait and see what they say

Akbar

medicine hat 17:17 17 Apr 03

Under the Distance Selling Regulations, you have the right to cancel an order within 7 days. If it hasn't been despatched yet then there should't be "restocking" charges

Coaster3 18:29 17 Apr 03

I have learned from a past mistake that the only place to purchase memory is from Crucial.

Pity everyone hasn't got their level of service.

akzah 15:48 23 Apr 03

Well after notifying them by two emails that I don't want the RAM Sent and that the matter is still being discused.

I have found today that the a new RAM has been orderd and using there tracking system it seems ready to be dispachted today.

What shall I do know??

I guess I will phone them when I get back from college hopefully in time to stop the order.

Offline 18:33 23 Apr 03

I would stick it in my PC and forget about it.

mcullum_DX4Life 18:52 23 Apr 03

Hmmmmmm but you cant get performance RAM from Crucial!

akzah 20:38 24 Apr 03

Yeah I have learnt my lesson I will always buy memory from crucial.

I can't just forget about it as I already bought another memory for £45 so I would be losing money!!

I phoned them and they have stopped the order and said they would look over the matter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…