Scan Computers - incompetent

sMoKez:) 23:01 27 Apr 06

Sorry I have to say that I have another bad experience with another online computer reseller.

This is regarding refunds on goods - dunno what system they use but tryed for a refund and they told me they couldn't find any record of my purchase. Although all emails from them seem in order.

The original purchase of a motherboard ( bits missing ) sent back same day it arrived - I won't b using these ppl again.

Diodorus Siculus 23:24 27 Apr 06

Do you have a reference number for the purchase? Strange that they can't find a record of the transaction.

They have their advocates on this site but I've never used them so can;t make a personal comment.

sMoKez:) 23:31 27 Apr 06

i gave em an invoice number but that doesn't seem to help

spuds 09:24 28 Apr 06

If you have an invoice or credit card payment details (if you paid by c/c), then there as to be an official record of the transaction. It cannot 'just get lost'.

I have never dealt with Scan, but a number of the forum members have. Scan's daily special offers seem to have value, but I found their minimum postage charge a no-hoper on small items.

Your information to the problem seems very limited, so what are you actually suggesting by your posting. A warning about Scan's procedures, or a possible solution to the problem.Reading between the lines, it appears as though you have given up!.

€dstowe 11:39 28 Apr 06

Scan is not a cowboy outfit and they run their business in a proper and legal way.

A proper way means that they have defined procedures for when things go wrong. If you ignore that and just "do your own thing" then that is why the procedures may go awry. If you "sent back same day it arrived" without telling them or without discussing the problem with them first you might understand why they are responding in a way which is not to your liking.

Perhaps it may be wise for you to contact Scan again, follow their advice and the correct way they want you to do things and you might then get a positive response - or have you blown it?

Stuartli 13:17 28 Apr 06

I've been dealing with Scan for many years and have always been perfectly satisfied with its service.

As I only live about half-an-hour's drive away and I might wish to change something as quickly as possible I go in person; alternatively my son can do it for me as he works not all that far away from Scan's outlet.

Even on some very big orders (quite often several of us join up to obtain what we require to minimise p and p) I've never known Scan's employees to miss out anything ordered.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:26 28 Apr 06

You do seem to have many problems with online retailing. I'm sure that they are not related.

G

saintorsinner 17:21 28 Apr 06

like Stuartli i live about 30 mins away from Scan and use them for most of my computing needs (Dabs is slightly closer but they shut their onsite shop.) i have always found Scan to be very professional, efficient and reasonably priced.

bfoc 23:01 28 Apr 06

To return a TV card to them because it caused my computer to hang they were really very good. They gave me an RMA number, I could check progress online, it was 'tested' very quickly and my refund was processed in a very short time.

When a TFT screen I bought for a friend developed a problem within a couple of days of purchase, they recommended I contact the manufacturer who offered a next day swap out. They accepted as retailers that it was their responsibility but that it would be sorted much more quickly this way. I did that and the monitor was swapped next day.

I have no complaints at all and will continue to use them.

funkey_monkey 23:15 28 Apr 06

Smokez - did you get this sorted out yet?

sMoKez:) 14:37 29 Apr 06

Gonna get the start the legal papers soon if Scan and my credit card company don't buck their ideas up soon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…