Scan - Any good?

Chris-347369 12:14 12 Jan 07

A quick search through the PC Advisor forums for Scan just returned a few results about scanning for malware so I thought I would ask.

Has anyone bought from Scan? Would you recommend them?

Giant68 12:22 12 Jan 07

I've bought from them a few times and had no trouble. Sometimes their "Today Only" offers can be very good value, but watch the postage costs.

Giant68

Diodorus Siculus 13:09 12 Jan 07

I've got free delivery from Scan for anything I purchase so have begun to use them a little. Prices are good but as above, postage costs can be high.

People who live near them regularly praise them on these pages.

vinnyT 14:37 12 Jan 07

Yes.

Diodorus Siculus did you get your free p&p by two-timing with a.n.other forum?

Stuartli 14:53 12 Jan 07

Been dealing with Scan for at least 10 years.

In fact my new Sony DVD rewriter was supplied by Scan a few weeks ago.

The company is based a short distance from the rear of the Reebock Stadium, home of Bolton Wanderers, and is happy to serve customers who prefer to call (a facility that Dabs, based in nearby Westhoughton, dropped a year or so back).

Diodorus Siculus 17:43 12 Jan 07

vinnyT

"Diodorus Siculus did you get your free p&p by two-timing with a.n.other forum?"

Yes, but to be fair I did post a link here and a few people got it.

click here is the site and is regularly worth a look!

citadel 19:32 12 Jan 07

they were retailer of the year voted for by readers of custom pc.

vinnyT 03:01 13 Jan 07

Sorry Diodorus Siculus, that wasn't what I meant. On A.N.Other forum (not fair to mention name as competes with this site) if you do so many posts scan will give you free p&p. That's why I asked (tongue firmly in cheek) if you were two-timing.

MrSanchez 11:09 01 Feb 07

I have used Scan several times over the last 12 months or so and I have always been satisfied with not only the quality and price of the products, their customer support is top notch as well.

I recently purchased one of their 3XS core2 duo systems which is more than value for money. Great company.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…