Scam website down about £700 help please

Daxsimus 20:30 01 Dec 07

Hi all,
I have recently purchased 14 items from a DVD website.
click here
After paying for them I had recieved confirmation etc and all looked well.
Then I went on to purchase a further item only to be met by a message from Paypal that the seller was no longer able to accept payments at this time, this started the alarms bells ringing as you can imagine.
So I went back to my Paypal account and filed a non reciept of item on all the items I had purchased only to be met with the message saying the seller is unable to respond to my claim at this time.
This only leads me to believe that the seller has withdrawn my money to his bank account and closed his Paypal account.
Your thoughts please about how I can get my money back or is it yet another case of some opportunist robbing innocent consumers.
I hope you can help me as my wife is going to kill me LOL.
Dax

Clapton is God 20:38 01 Dec 07

Have you tried to contact the seller?

pac73 20:45 01 Dec 07

Have you emailed them?
And where did you hear about them?

Daxsimus 20:47 01 Dec 07

Yes I've emailed them no reply been couple of days now. Friend told me about it also was advertised at the bottom of Ebay when I was on one night.

mikef. 21:12 01 Dec 07

By the delivery information seems to be an American company but there are no contact details on the site apart from direct email, which would make me suspicious straight away plus googleing gives no company info anywhere else

Daxsimus 21:17 01 Dec 07

Yes I thought so too as delivery quicker to USA but then if they don't deliver does it matter how long they say delivery is as all is maybe up rubbish to haul you in to buying. But there email did come up as non-US verified in Paypal.

Forum Editor 01:35 02 Dec 07

did you place your order?

Your suspicions may be confirmed, but if you ordered recently it might be an idea to allow the 10-14 days that is clearly stated as being the delivery delay for European deliveries. You never know, your DVDs may just turn up.

Parting with £700 in advance to a company in America with no postal address and no telephone number might be considered a rash move, but I'm sure you've been telling yourself that. All you can do is wait and see - there's not much else to say about it really.

Al94 09:10 02 Dec 07

I hope they turn up but FE is correct, care and diligence is needed with any online transaction as this local woman found to her cost recently click here

dms05 09:41 02 Dec 07

I know you paid by PayPal but did you use your Credit Card? I always do as the card company has to make things right. I 'bought' an item c.£200 off ebay that turned out to be a scam. Paypal paid some of the cost and Barclaycard the rest (and backdated it to the date of transaction so no interest was payable). It was all sorted out within 2 weeks.

Incidentally I bought another item, paid via PayPal (with Credit Card) and then received an email from eBay saying the seller was barred from eBay for some administrative reason and I didn't need to pay. Despite that the item arrived within 7 days and the seller was extremely good - he'd just fallen foul of some eBay rule and was quite a legitimate seller.

techie4me 10:18 02 Dec 07

I only purchase from companies like play.com or amazon or from a few sites in the USA recommended by friends in Texas.
That way if anything goes wrong you at least know you can complain to a 'real' company.

mymate 10:26 02 Dec 07

This is not your guy but some other scammer on ebay ,and this is what the buyers have done to him so he pay them back.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…