Saving pdf Downloads from apps

Jodakist 14:51 23 Mar 16

I would like to be able to save some magazine articles that I download using an app, however I can only open them with the app. Does anyone know of a program that I could use to convert/save these articles as a pdf or word document, please.

lotvic 17:16 24 Mar 16

I can only open them with the app

Might be useful if you gave a more details and said which app. Are the magazine articles .pdfs to begin with?

Jodakist 20:35 24 Mar 16

Sorry I am a novice at this, but this is the problem; I did a trial subscription to a website called Readly, it has a large selection of magazines that can be downloaded using their app, which through a link I downloaded and installed from windows store. This is okay but I would like to save one particular magazine to an external harddrive, but I cannot find a way to do this, so wondered if there is a program available that would convert the downloaded magazine to pdf or something that I could save on the harddrive?

lotvic 21:57 24 Mar 16

I found this info:

Readly: Can I read magazines without Internet access? Yes, but you still need to use the Readly app to read them. To view the downloaded issues you will need to select the 'Downloaded' section of the Readly app. /more/ click here

What is the cloud icon? click here The little cloud located at the bottom right is the download symbol. By selecting this you can download a magazine without having to directly open it. This is handy if you want to download multiple issues simultaneously. For example, prior to a trip without Internet connection.

On Windows devices, you will see the cloud down to the right if you select a title.

lotvic 22:15 24 Mar 16

Further to the above, can you tell what the file ext is of a downloaded mag?

If it's not possible to view/discover the file .ext then I can only suggest you use a Screen capture/ screenshot and save pages as picture files or paste into a word doc / and or converted to a .pdf file.

HondaMan 12:07 25 Mar 16

Search for "PDF to Word" They offer various conversion programmes.

lotvic 12:10 25 Mar 16

HondaMan, it is not known what file .ext they are. If they were .pdf then there would be no problem.

Jodakist 10:54 19 Jun 16

I'm sorry for the delay in replying to you, HondaMan and Lotvic, but I want to thank you both for taking the time to reply to my question. David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This poetic animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

Apple predictions 2017