savastore/watford electronics

rickimalone 15:13 22 Apr 04

Hello, going to be potentialy buying quite a few components from savastore just wanted to make sure their good to deal with....... Anyone know of this companies track record???

Thankyou.........

byfordr 15:47 22 Apr 04

Delivered reasonably quickly without problems (not had to return anything)

R

carver 19:43 22 Apr 04

If you go to their Website you will notice that there isn't any phone numbers for customer services or Technical help. Any problems and you have to go via the E-mail route, which can be very frustrating and time consuming.

Patrick-334794 20:35 22 Apr 04

I wanted to place an order with them. I had a problem so i tried to communicate with them. 2 days later no email from them. So fed up cancelled my order went to Dabs .com no problems.

Patrick-334794 20:35 22 Apr 04

I wanted to place an order with them. I had a problem so i tried to communicate with them. 2 days later no email from them. So fed up cancelled my order went to Dabs .com no problems.

Totally-braindead 20:57 22 Apr 04

I've ordered quite a lot from the over the past 2 or 3 years and until last month never really had a problem. Ordered a full version 5600 graphics card and they sent the 5600XT which was about £30 cheaper, I returned it and got my money back but was a bit annoyed as they refused to pay the postage to return it. Thought they had a bit of a hard neck as it was their mistake not mine. Its put me off them a bit but this is the first order they've ever got wrong and the did sort it out fairly quickly and refunded the right amount ( watched pretty carefully to make sure they didn't refund for the cheaper card ).
I'll probably buy from them again as we all make mistakes and they did sort it out but having to pay that postage has put me off a bit.

rickimalone 21:36 22 Apr 04

Seem's as if its just a normal company then!!!

Oh if everyone was like crucial the world would be a better place..................

Thanks all just wanted to make sure it was not well know as a right nightamre to deal with.....

paxo2 19:33 23 Apr 04

Myself and two friends are all building computers and sourcing hardware from various places. One of them used Savastore for his Motherboard. This board proved to be faulty..IDE slot 2 wasn't recognised, but it has taken them (Savastore) 5 weeks to aknowledge this and offer a replacement. I don't think I will chance trying them after that.. but then my motherboard arrived yesterday from PlanetMicro and that is faulty (No POST Beeps). Tried emailing and ringing them twice today and only got answerphone.
I think you just have to take your chances when buying form websites!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…