Savastore's awful service

freddie911boot 09:36 24 Nov 05

What can I do about the awful service from Savastore (Watford Electronics)? We have 13 year old triplets who have their birthday in just over a week's time. The Vision Plus was recommended in PC Advisor's buyers guide and so we ordered 3 of them! When the first one arrived, on the 10th of October, the hard drive was not working and so I applied for a returns number to return it. It took nearly two weeks for a number to arrive. I rang them on their 0870 number and was told that they were working two weeks behind. The first time I rang the number I waited half an hour on hold and the second time it took 10 minutes and they are making money out of the phone call! I returned the hard drive and I am still waiting. We have had the computer for nearly 6 weeks and it does not work.

What can I do to get customer satisfaction?

spuds 13:52 24 Nov 05

Possibly not fit for the purpose click here click here

961 13:54 24 Nov 05

How did you pay for these?

alex2001 14:38 24 Nov 05

i am still waiting for an answer to a problem since my new laptop delivered in june,am still not able to access internet wirelessly.have e mailed 9 times and all i get is we will look into it.
sugesst you return all items and go to pc world not the best but at least there is someone to talk to

freddie911boot 15:15 24 Nov 05

I sent them a copy of the message posted here and had a very quick reply. The replacement is on supposed to be on its way but I will believe it when I see it!

Thank you for your replies.

pj123 15:31 24 Nov 05

Lots of negative responses to Watford/Savastore but can't point you in the right direction because the Search Engine on this site is not working.

pj123 15:43 24 Nov 05

There are lots of complaints about Watford/Savastore. The FE has, in fact, asked them to come on board as a Forum Member, but they seemed to have declined. More fool them. I, personally wouldn't buy anything from Watford/Savastore.

alex2001 16:06 24 Nov 05

What method did you use to get a reply from savastore?e mail, phone (what no?),fax or did you use an owl?

freddie911boot 20:38 24 Nov 05
  wobbly76 20:45 24 Nov 05

Welcome to the club!!!
I've just resolved my problem with Savastore, been going on since
I contacted Office of Fair Trading and notified credit card company
and with the help of a consumer page in a computer magazine I did finally get a response, they will only refund after giving a returns number.
You'll need the patience of Job,
Best of luck.

Niklowe 13:02 30 Nov 05

I have spent since september trying to get an Aries laptop repaired that I have now gone to trading standards to try and resolve the issue. I feel as a consumer that if savastore wish to continue trading they are very quickly going to have to get their act together regarding customer services.

They must realise that there are many more computer suppliers out there that would dearly love to get your custom.

I could never reccomend savastore to anyone I know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…