Savastore Watford Electronics - Very bad service

PureMoltenEvil 14:44 16 Jan 06

What appalling service - I bought one their Aries laptops last year. It was advertised with 2-3 days delivery on the site. It took five weeks and was an inferior spec. when it arrived. Their customer services people were rude and unhelpful and in the end I kept it. It died on me in Decemember and since then I haven't been able to even get a return authorisation from them. They don't respond to emails or phone calls. If you're in the same situation call CONSUMER DIRECT on 0845 404 0506. They will register the complaint with Trading Standards and advise you how to seek a reimbursement under the Consumer Credit Act with the finance company or credit card company. There are many sites with similar complaints to mine if you search in google....BE WARNED!!!

Forum Editor 15:13 16 Jan 06

so let's wait - we may get a response today.

spuds 17:23 16 Jan 06

Peter Hill's was a contact point for Savastore/Watford, but after one brief appearance, he never seemed to make any further contribution.

Forum Editor 17:24 16 Jan 06

He's the person I've contacted.

PureMoltenEvil 11:16 17 Jan 06

Thanks for trying but they really don't give a monkeys...strangely when you call their sales line, they answer in seconds :-)

Totally-braindead 13:32 17 Jan 06

PureMoltenEvil I appreciate you've been mucked about something terrible but just try to be a little patient and give the FE a day or so to see what he can do.

PureMoltenEvil 15:17 17 Jan 06

Yes you are right...I should try to be patient...I suppose it just annoys me that they can answer a sales call in seconds...'nough said.

spuds 15:17 17 Jan 06

PureMoltenEvil--Savastore/Watford may eventually reply, give the FE more time.Don't give up yet.

PureMoltenEvil 12:49 19 Jan 06

Just to add to this story today I received an email from Tech Support at Watford/Savastore today asking me if I still had the problem I reported and can I let them know. Since I have sent them at least eight emails, two registed letters and a notice via my account on their website since the start of January, either they haven't read any of these or they simply choose to ignore my requests for help. It appears they haven't even replied to the Editor of this forum either which again (in my opinion) speaks volumes...CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!!

Forum Editor 14:29 25 Jan 06

Perhaps you could update me - I've received nothing, not even an acknowledgment of my email.

anchor 15:45 25 Jan 06

The fact that even the message from the FE appears to has been ignored speaks volumes about the after sales service, (or complete lack of it), given by Savastore.

They do not seem to care about the bad impression this produces among the thousands of potential customers on this forum. I am in the market for a new notebook, but after this saga, (and other tales of woe), Savastore would be the last company I would buy one from. Others must decide for themselves.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…