Savastore Watford Electronics Picking Mistakes?

tonymalone 21:34 30 Mar 06

Hi, sorry for another savastore post!

Today i have received a tatty old TOP-G CDRW from savastore in place of a new MSI drive that was paid for. It was not wrapped, has stickers ripped from the unit and has something loose rattling around inside it.

Unfortunately their terms and conditions of sale disclaims any responsibility for the cost of returning faulty or incorrect goods, making a return of the item virtually pointless.

On an item valued at £11.99 it is debatable whiter it's worth the hustle of returning it considering that i'll have to pay for the return and most likely spend lots of time getting a RA number from them; i've not yet received a reply from my email to their customer service department.

It seems strange to me that what appears to be a reject could somehow find it's way into the A-Grade stock lines and I wonder how many other "write off" type errors have been experienced by other savastore customers.

Incidentally i know that microdirect will reimburse return costs, and i assume the same must be true for other mail order companies.

tonymalone 21:37 30 Mar 06

lol by "whiter it's worth the hustle" i mean
"whether its worth the hastle"

g0slp 21:53 30 Mar 06

Aren't they obliged to do something under the Distance Selling Act and/or Sale of Goods Act, if something's wrongly supplied, despite their Ts & Cs?

Yes, it's only £11.99, but a few 'mistakes' like this will soon add up...

Totally-braindead 22:02 30 Mar 06

I presume you have emailed them and are waiting for a reply?

The Spires 22:37 30 Mar 06

Savastore are the only company I have ever deleted from my bookmarks based on complaints on this or any other forum.

spuds 23:02 30 Mar 06

Because a company states something in their terms and conditions, doesn't mean that your legal consumer law rights are void.They are not.

Selling or sending you an item that is faulty or not what you requested, is covered under the Sales of Goods Act and possibly the Distance Selling Regulations.Get onto Consumer Direct click here who will advice you on your rights and options.

tonymalone 22:08 01 Apr 06

"Aren't they obliged to do something under the Distance Selling Act and/or Sale of Goods Act, if something's wrongly supplied, despite their Ts & Cs?"

Im not sure, i assumed that the t & c defined the contract of the sale.

"I presume you have emailed them and are waiting for a reply?"

Yup! No reply so far.

"Because a company states something in their terms and conditions, doesn't mean that your legal consumer law rights are void.They are not.

Selling or sending you an item that is faulty or not what you requested, is covered under the Sales of Goods Act and possibly the Distance Selling Regulations.Get onto Consumer Direct click here who will advice you on your rights and options."

thanks for the info spuds! I'll bare it in mind for the future.

Anyway the disc caddy was jamming halfway through opening and i tried to fix it myself thus voiding the warrenty on the drive. Turned out that the axel connecting the main motor to the disc seat was sheared off and unless i can come buy another motor it's scrap. This will be definately be my last savastore purchase and i'll put it down to experience but it would be interesting to find out if this is an isolated incident!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac