SAVASTORE OF WATFORD ELECTRONICS

alan9900 17:51 08 Sep 05

I ORDERED A LCD MONITOR OVER THE PHONE WHILE ON THERE WEB SITE. THE OPERATOR SAID THE ITEM WAS IN STOCK AND AVAILABLE FOR STORE COLLECTION THE NEXT DAY,BUT WAS ADVISED TO CHECK BEFORE COMING TO COLLECT IT,ON CHECKING WAS TOLD SORRY BUT THE ITEM WAS NOW OUT OF STOCK BUT WOULD BE JUST A FEW DAYS WAIT FOR AN EMAIL.WE WAITED SEVERAL DAYS NO EMAIL,PHONED CUSTOMER SERVICE 45 MIN WAIT ON PHONE WAS TOLD SOME COMING IN TOMORROW AND WILL BE SET ASIDE FOR YOU TO COLLECT. AGAIN ON CHECKING BY PHONE 55 MIN WAIT WAS TOLD OUT OF STOCK AND THAT I SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN TOLD IT WAS IN STOCK.AT WHICH TIME I CANCELLED MY ORDER OVER THE PHONE,JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE I CANCELLED IT ON THE WEB SITE AS WELL. I ASKED FOR CONFIRMATION NONE CAME,I SENT SEVERAL EMAILS NO ANSWER TO ANY OF THEM UNTILL I RECEIVED AN INVIOCE FOR THE FULL AMOUNT THE MONEY HAS BEEN TAKEN FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT NO ITEN HAS BEEN COLLECTED OR DELEIVERD. I HAVE NOW RECEIVED A RETURN REFUND NUMBER BUT THEY ARE ASKING FOR THE LCD TO BE RETURNED WHICH I HAV'NT GOT. I SEEM TO BE GETTING NOWHERE WITH THIS COMPANY SO BUYERS BE WARNED I WOULD ADVISE STAY CLEAR OF THIS SITE

alan9900 18:48 08 Sep 05

sorry for capital letters in the above thred i did not mean to shout but was very angry at the time of posting.

byfordr 21:54 08 Sep 05

Never had a problem with them...have you tried a customer service representative over the phone again?

Failing that I assume you paid on credit card? Use the force of your cc company.

R

VNAM75 23:12 08 Sep 05

The LCD would have been sent via first class special delivery which requires a signature from the customer or recipient. If the moneys been taken they should have depatched it for next day delivery.

I have used them a few times for small, inexpensive items and have never had a problem so cant comment on how well they deal with complaints.

Savastore is actually my favourite online store for computer stuff because I find their prices very competitive, cheaper than Dabs or Scan. Have not used Ebuyer yet, but can't understand why they're that popular because their prices aren't really that competitive.

spuds 01:00 09 Sep 05

Take the matter up with your credit card company, they can usually solve the problem far quicker than the consumer. They may need any paperwork or emails that you have, so keep them handy.

alan9900 06:13 09 Sep 05

The site clearly states no money will be taken untill items are either deleiverd or collected from the store.I was told to wait for an email so I could collect it from the store,it was only after all my emails and phone calls that I cancelled the order.The next day I received the invoice and web site changed to fullyshiped/invoiced checked my account and found the money had already been taken I still hav'nt received a collection or cancellation email from them,they say they will phone back and they say they will send emails but they don't do either.I simply warn anyone before ordering anything from this site just send an email and see if you get any response from it.

Carol-267154 14:54 12 Sep 05

Wish this had been posted before I ordered from Savastore. I ordered (guess what) an LCD monitor. Order placed online and credit card charged same day. When I checked on the order, it was "Awaiting stock". So much for not charging until they can fill the order and contacting me if they were out of stock (also in their T&Cs). Checked the item and over 100 available in "1 - 4 days". Now, nearly a week later, the order has still to be filled. Three emails sent detailing how they were contravening their own terms and conditions and demanding an action plan. No reply or acknowledgement. Phoned them and have been told it will be dispatched tomorrow - not holding my breath. I think I will give it to the end of the week and then hand it over to the credit card company to sort out. I, for one, do not intend using them again any time soon and I don't care how many people I tell.

PublicAtLarge 17:00 12 Sep 05

I ordered a PC system from them. It was the PC Advisor recommended Carrera Ultimate 64 PCA-09. I thought I was ordering from Carrera as I used the number on the review. I got a confirmation email from Savastore. I was told it would be 7-10 days - it took 28 days. I connected it up and it doesn't work. It says Media test failure. Check cable. I called the 'myhelpline' no I was given and an engineer phoned me back, he said the cable might be disconnected. I can't open the case as it has a seal on it. I can't contact anyone by phone at Savastore or Watford (whatever they are called) except for sales staff. They are not interested/can't help. All other numbers don't work or tell me to send an email. I can't even get a returns number by phone. I called Carrera on their pc support number. It's an expensive 0871 number, the same as all the others published on their and Savastore's website. I have spent about 160 minutes waiting in queues at somewhere between 6 and 10p a minute and still not spoken to anyone. Customer support numbers are unobtainable. I thought perhaps I could get this resolved easily but I have wasted 2 days getting nowhere at all. Emails are unanswered. I was prepared to let them fix it but after this hassle I don't want anything else to do with the firm. The 1 year parts and labour warranty is worthless if you can't contact anyone. I can't get a returns number, without that I can't return it.
I wouldn't recommend anyone buys from them.
We have a company here who go out of their way to avoid contact unless you want to buy something. Sales lines are answered immediately.

alan9900 19:40 12 Sep 05

Phoned them friday 45min wait for an answer was told that they only take money when the order is shiped,but what that actually means is shiped from the warehouse to the store not shiped to you.It was confirmed my order has been cancelled but I must wait for the store to return the monitor to the warehouse,untill they return the monitor from the store to the warehouse I won't see a penny of my money which should not have been taken in first place.Emails go unanswered "thier prefered method of contact"and when you do get through on the phone your fobed off with promises just to get you off the phone,this company should not be aloud to carry on is this way,before ordering anything try and get a response from an email and you will see what I mean.....!

Forum Editor 20:55 12 Sep 05

and of course in this case the money should have been refunded to your card account immediately - you haven't recived any goods, in fact from what you say it appears that no goods have even been despatched to you.

What you need to do is get your card provider on the case immediately - tell them that you want your card account credited immediately. Under consumer legislation the card company is jointly liable (with the retailer) to you in law.

shizzy 21:42 12 Sep 05

We had a similar 'stock problem' with this firm over a year ago. I think their satellite warehouses must be the suppliers probably not in this country seeing the time it takes to get to their store. We eventually cancelled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…