Savapoint and Tiscali Non Delivery

Border View 00:45 27 Mar 04

I have been with Lineone/Tiscali for about three years. Each month Tiscali send me an e-mail saying that I have been awarded a loyalty gift through Savapoint. On the 13th February I ordered my gift "free" gift. You have to pay £2.99 post and packing. I was advised that delivery would be within fourteen days. After three weeks and non-delivery I e-mailed and asked when delivery would take place. Was told that delays of about a further 10 days were being experienced. After another week I e-mailed them again only to be told that delivery (from date of order) were now up to 28 days. I have e-mailed Tiscali who referred me to Savapoint.

On Monday of this week (22nd)I telephoned Savapoint and was told that my software had been dispatched on Wednesday/Thursday/Friday of last week. He could not give a specific date. Today 26th March (42 days after order) I telephoned Savapoint again - to be told that as I had not received my gift they would send it out again and I could expect to receive it within the next 7 - 10 days.

What really burns me up is that they charged by credit card on the 13th February with the £2.99 post and packing.

Can anyone please tell me how I can resolve this situation.

Forum Editor 08:55 27 Mar 04

the only way to resolve it is to wait. The amount of money involved is very small, so your card provider will show no interest. It's annoying I know, but short of wasting a good deal more of your time and energy I don't think there's much you can do except wait.

Not an ideal answer I know, but a realistic one.

anchor 10:00 27 Mar 04

Savapoint is usually very, very slow in sending the item.

However, as they are usually good value, the wait is worth it. They do come in the end.

I recently had a faulty hands free adaptor for my mobile phone, called them, and a replacement was dispatched the same day. Did not need to send the faulty one back. Good service.

Border View 10:17 27 Mar 04

Many thanks for your response. On reflection, think its time to chill out.

spuds 18:29 27 Mar 04

Savapoint are not very fast at sending out their 'free' goods, but in the end it is worth waiting for, even though it maybe slightly outdated in some cases. I have ordered a number of items from this company, and the despatch time can be anything between one and five weeks.

My biggest grumble with the 'free' stuff, is the postal charge of £2.99 per item. Order four 'free'cd items, and you pay £11.96 postage,then the goods arrive in a small jiffy bag!.

FEEBS 14:30 05 Apr 04

I've been waiting 7 weeks now for my items, even wrote to the MD of Savapoint - he didn't have the manners to reply. They are very good on excuses but not action. See my thread later on.

FEEBS 11:28 09 Apr 04

8 weeks after ordering my goods have arrived - yippee! but iI won't deal with them again.

Border View 16:48 09 Apr 04

8 weeks on and I am still waiting. Have tried e-mails and telephone calls with no result. Have told Tiscali not to bother telling me again that I qualify for Surf Xtra. Waste of time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…