Sattelite broadband, views please !

shanks1 15:28 03 Jan 03
  shanks1 15:28 03 Jan 03

As I live in the middle of knowhere, I need a quick connection at home but cannot get cable or adsl broadband. I have been looking at sattelite broadband as an option but need to know a lot more on the subject. Because of high cost invloved I need to make a right decision ? Has anyone out there got it, what about connection etc, any thoughts or comments would help a great deal ? Thanks in advance , Scott.

brianthesnail 15:39 03 Jan 03

Unless you pay out astronomical amounts, satellite BB is one way. You can download but uploading is done by your phone line which defeats a lot of the idea.

Think carefully and check out click here

BT500 satellite broadband was on offer @ around £800 installation & web site included for a fee of around £50 per month
I had some problems early on until BT finally sorted out the download speed worst time Mon am Tues am Thurs/Frid am upload is 128 download is 512. Yes I live in the sticks no chance of exchange upgrade click here or tel BT
I do not have a problem with it the support service is Mon/Frid 10am to 1600pm a slight fairy tale they are always available 365 days
but the satellite is always on. One word of caution the local council want their bite for a 2nd dish Check with pcadvisor for my e mail address if you want to talk

THOMAS 17:25 03 Jan 03

Have a look at page 155 of the Feb 2003 PC Advisor.I have registered with everywhere broadband,like yourself i live in a very rural location and have no chance of ADSL.The web site is click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…