Sat Nav

EFC1878 08:42 24 Jun 06

I am looking for advice please

I have seen an adverts for a 'Roadcom 400 Touch Screen Sat Nav Systsem' down from £300 to £180.

Ithas fixed speed camera alerts; step by step voice instructiond postcode and places of interest searches.

I don't know much about Sat Nav but have heard of the Tom Tom systems.

Is this a good buy or a false economy?

swanson2 09:56 27 Jun 06

Garmin Streetpilot i3 - Brilliant

I don't know about the Roadcom 400, but I have had a Garmin i3 GPS unit for about 8 months and found it very reliable and certainly great value for money (I paid about £200 last November).

In my opinion it is far superior to the TomTom 500 which I use in my company car.

It is very compact but in my opinion the small size is a bonus as you can carry it around in your pocket/handbag and even use it to navigate on foot as it can be battery powered.

POI's and "Safety" Camera locations can easily be uploaded from the internet via the supplied USB connection.

I was so impressed with my i3 that I bought a second unit (for my wife to use in her car), a few months ago (£99 from a local supermarket!)

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…