sat nav

fitcher 11:30 22 Jan 06

has anyone connected a laptop to a wireless sat nav in there car ,, i have heard you can also change the voice to capt picard . i know i have asked the same question as regards the palm hand held but i had no response ..the wireless i am talking about is a simple radio attachment not the expesive archos type ..I may be on the wrong horse here.. is there sutch a thing ?

Dizzy Bob 16:46 22 Jan 06

Microsoft do an Autoroute package, including USB GPS dongle for £149 retail. It was in the PC World sale at £99. Not sure about changing voices though.

Tom Tom sat nav has changable voices, although the 'official' tomtom voice range is pretty poor, with John Cleese being the only 'celebrity' voice available.

There are however, a range of 'non-official' voives for tomtom including, Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard), Ozzy Osbourne (bleeped and not bleeped), yoda, arnie etc. The quality of the impressions ranges from very good to "Who the hell was that supposed to be!....."

Regards,

DB

fitcher 18:09 22 Jan 06

thanks for info will check them out

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…