Samsung Syncmaster 2232bw

donki 13:32 06 Dec 07

I just bought myself an early Christmas present and have to say it was money well spent. I did have a VeiwSonic VA1912w which I was happy with appart from the lowish resolution of 1440 x 900. I sold the ViewSonic on Ebay for £110 (I dont know why the guy payed so much but i wasnt complaining).

Back to the Samsung, I mostly use my PC for gaming, internet and watching the odd movie. The Samsung delivers on all fronts, especially gamming. The resolution of 1680 x 1050 makes such a differece and the depth the panel gives is incredible makes the games really engrossing. I didnt expect such a difference in quality, I just thought it would be bigger as the ViewSonic was only 19".

As well as the technical pleasures of the Samsung, I am equally happy viewing the monitor when its switched off...... not just as entertained thou. The shape of the cassing is very sleek and the "piano black" finish looks very impresive. Only down side is it attracts alot of dust, maybe thats why a nice little cloth is provided.

I would highly recomend this for any gamer, I bought from PCworld for £208 and took them up on their offer of 6months intrest free, just have to pay it off within this time. HYas anyone else purchaced?

JP1011 14:35 06 Dec 07

I have to say I did not like it and bought a SM931CW, the pebble shape just didn't match the rest of my kit.

I had a bit of difficulty with PCW, they told me there was no DVI cable in the box. The guy was 100% certain said he even set the display up. So he convinced me to pay £24.99 for a gold Belkin cable and off I went.

Got home and hey presto there was a DVI cable in the box! Good result in the end though as I used the £24.99 refund, which wasn't a problem to get, against a new lazer mouse.

New mouse and monitor all in the same day :D

donki 15:23 06 Dec 07

PC World at there best, i think it actually came with every cable under thae sun!!! Did u not like thae quality of the panel or just the shape? It fits in well with me as I have a 26" Samsung in my bedroom 2 :).

Forum Editor 15:51 06 Dec 07

also from PC World, and I'm delighted with it.

JP1011 11:08 07 Dec 07

The quality in Samsung panels is exemplary and I have always used them.

smy13 18:14 07 Dec 07

Bought the above about 3 weeks ago form PS world. it's absolutely stunning. going straight from a unbrand TFT with an 18ms response time and 400:1 contrast ratio to the above is quite breathtaking. Can't get over how bright and vibrant the colours are, only need the brightness up to 30% in artificial lighting. The set up software is very good as well. I'd recommend Samsung to anyone

Lightstation 20:09 11 Jun 09

HI,

The only proportional resolution I find in my Samsung 2232bw is the max. 1680x1050! Below that, nothing! All of them are not proportional (16x10). I would like to be able to use 1440x900, since I do not play games but browse the internet a lot, and this resol. is too high for most of the sites.

My comp. is a PC Intel Core 2 Duo - 2gb ram, and I use the analog connection (don't have a dedicated card). I even called Samsung here in Brazil and they said this resolution is not supported and that I should use the recommended one!

Thanks a lot for the help!

Mr Mistoffelees 08:11 12 Jun 09

I have been using one for over a year now and would recommend it to anyone.

Woolwell 09:48 12 Jun 09

Your post is in a thread 2 years old and would be better in the help room.
Resolution is set by your graphics card.
1680 x 1050 is the native resolution and makes for better viewing. I have this monitor and it is good for viewing the internet and I have used most of the major browsers. I have not found any problems with the resolution with any sites. Perhaps you need to enlarge the text or zoom in if you are finding reading the text difficult.

Mr Mistoffelees 15:09 12 Jun 09

Doh!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…