Samsung Support Question

RobCharles1981 19:20 PM 24 Sep 11

My Samsung Hard Drive has developed a fault showing bad sectors on the device and I need to return it. I brought it 3 Years ago from Ebuyer so obviously can't send it back I phoned Samsung today and they said to goto to fill the request there but I'm not sure what to do.

Any tips?

proudfoot 20:23 PM 24 Sep 11

I have checked the SamsunHDD site and doubt they will be able to help. I think your only course of action is to see if you can get someone to open up your laptop and replace the HDD. I would suggest you try a local computer shop not one of the big boys and if they can help, get a quotation not an estimate for the cost in case it is unrepairable and then you shoudn't have to pay. It may be the cost will be more than a new laptop.

Woolwell 22:56 PM 24 Sep 11

Suggest that you start with the warranty check Samsung HDD warranty check

RobCharles1981 12:29 PM 25 Sep 11

Code 103 The product has been brought in from outside of this service region and cannot be serviced. Please contact your reseller or distributor.

proudfoot 13:45 PM 25 Sep 11

I think it means you pays your money and makes your choice. If you are lucky you may be able to get the laptop repaired. There is the point if you have a Factory Image on the HD you will have to buy a copy of Windows which may make the decision to buy a new laptop the cheaper option.

Woolwell 15:43 PM 25 Sep 11

Contact ebuyer.

RobCharles1981 16:14 PM 25 Sep 11

Enote sent

@Eomanby Its not a laptop a desktop!!!

proudfoot 09:38 AM 26 Sep 11

Sorry my error. After 3 years I feel you may be banging your head against a brick wall making a claim, but nothing to lose. At least replacing a HD in a PC is not too difficult. Make sure you set it to Master. You may be able to install the faulty unit in the PC as a slave and move some of the dats elsewhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…