Samsung support for broken laser printer CLP500

Umic 13:42 08 Feb 05

This was earlier posted in error to the Helproom forum:

At £200 today on Special from PCW this is IMHO a good-value colour laser printer with duplex. I paid £360 for one from Simply last October.
Just before Xmas it seized up in "Processing Mode" and subsequently all printing is defaced. Samsung's on-site engineer came on 4th January, did not identify why it seized up but reported that a new OPC drum and yellow toner cartridge were required and should be supplied FOC by the vendor who "might be difficult".

He was right there. Simply Customer Service proved very hard to contact and when at length I did they denied responsibility and transferred my call to Samsung.

Samsung insist that the parts are "Consumables" and I must buy replacements (for about £200!) The printer comes with low-capacity toners but page count shows barely 50% used.

How can I best proceed?

spuds 18:27 08 Feb 05

Have a talk with trading standards, otherwise you may find that you will end up running around in circles with this one.

Umic 20:11 08 Feb 05

Trading Standards advise me to sue the vendor, ie Simply Computers. But I am not keen to get involved in litigation.

Meanwhile I have ordered another CLP-500 for less than the cost of the two damaged consumables.

spuds 11:32 09 Feb 05

Problem solved then ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5