Samsung service

exdragon 18:38 21 Jul 09

How things should be dealt with: the DVI connection on my 18 month old LCD monitor packed in. OK, perhaps it shouldn't have at this stage, but nevertheles it did!

I rang Samsung at 9.00am yesterday, told them exactly what had been tried (new cable, different monitor, analogue working perfectly) and then had a call at 2.00pm to ask if they could exchange it today.

Delivered, set up and working perfectly - so far, anyway. Isn't it nice when someone gets it right?

Charence 23:13 21 Jul 09

This is nice to hear.

BTW, was it still under warranty?

laurie53 07:24 22 Jul 09

Interesting.

I have managed, entirely through my own stupidity, to wipe the recovery partition on my Samsung laptop.

While I have recovered the o/s I was thinking of asking Samsung if they might download me a copy of the partition at nominal cost.

I am now thinking of it even more!

exdragon 07:55 22 Jul 09

Yes, it was - it had a three year warranty. I think what was nice that there was no quibble at all, just wanted to know the serial number and model code then said it'd be exchanged within 5 days. I didn't have to pack it up or anything, the courier arrived with a box, took out the replacement and put mine in and that was it.

laurie53 - give it a go, you've nothing to lose and as you know it was your fault, you can be totally honest!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017