Samsung problem

Rebanut 12:12 16 Oct 04

I had a 17in SM753 dfx monitor which failed and after waiting around 10 day I received a replacement which was the same model but was not a new one, covered in dust with no power lead and no manuals, phoned Samsung and after very long delays was told that their policy is to send out reconditioned and not new, mine was 11 months old and I am a bit annoyed about this, does anyone know if this is normal procedure with companies that sell monitors.

Diodorus Siculus 15:28 16 Oct 04

Generally you should get "like for like"... if you are not satisfied, it might be worth giving them a call about it.

spuds 15:36 16 Oct 04
  anchor 13:57 17 Oct 04

I would send a recorded delivery letter, addressed to the Chief Executive, at Samsung head office in the UK. State that you are not prepared to accept what is obviously an "old and soiled used" monitor in exchange for your own. A reconditioned one should be complete, and in pristine condition.

Samsung Electronics (UK) Ltd, Samsung House, 1000, Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey KT16 0PS,

Tel: 01932 455000

anchor 09:42 21 Oct 04

Any further developments?. Please post back when/if there are.

Rebanut 10:02 21 Oct 04

I phoned Samsung and was told in no uncertain terms that sending out refurbished monitors is the normal practice, on monday last I sent a letter to the chief exec but with no response yet, thank you for your interest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos