samsung ml-4500, great

vinnyT 06:34 03 Jan 03
  vinnyT 06:34 03 Jan 03

Don't often do this, but sometimes praise is due.

Needed a new printer, not really much call for colour and saw the above in staples for £74.99, came back home did a bit of reseacrch on net, went back, got it.

Set up in less than 15 minutes, excellent printing quality. Overall an enjoyable buying experience.

Only their online registration doesn't work properly, wouldn't accept my email addy as a valid address, so that goes snail mail.

€dstow 07:49 03 Jan 03

We have several Samsung ML1210 printers and I can't fault them at all - excellent value at less than £100.

I understand that the ML4500 is parallel port only. This wouldn't be any good to us as several machines are not fitted with parallel ports.

€d

vinnyT 11:12 03 Jan 03

Yes the one I have is parallel only, however, I have heard (can't remember where, diff. forum) that they are/were bringing out the same model but with both parallel and usb ports (not sure how accurate this is, wasn't a pca forum member).

vinnyT 11:13 03 Jan 03

I'll tick this now, as it wasn't a problem, just a comment on how chuffed I am with my buy.

€dstow 11:17 03 Jan 03

It's always good to let people know when you've found something positive. These pages shouldn't be just for having a moan!;-))

€d

spuds 21:47 03 Jan 03

Like a two horse race.I have also purchased a Samsung ML-4500 today, but this time from Office World.What I have found checking the prices over the last day or so:Staples start Boxing Day Sale flyer states ML-4500 @ £79.00. Office World start Boxing Day Sale flyer states ML-4500 @ £74.99.Staples have now reduced their price to £74.99.Other companies have this model on special offer @ £98.00.Wonder what the price will be next week!!.

vinnyT 21:52 03 Jan 03

Spuds, in the computer world you can't worry what the price is going to be next week or your'd never buy anything;-}

spuds 22:22 03 Jan 03

vinnyT, very true. Still got to unpack mine yet, hope all goe's as smoothly as your installation.Was informed by sales person that toner was possibly low volume 1000 copy cartridge. Full capacity cartridge 3000 copies at £45/£49.Still a happy bunny upto now.

spuds 22:24 03 Jan 03

vinnyT, very true. Still got to unpack mine yet, hope all goe's as smoothly as your installation.Was informed by sales person that toner was possibly low volume 1000 copy cartridge. Full capacity cartridge 3000 copies at £45/£49.Still a happy bunny upto now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…