Samsung Customer Service

donki 15:54 24 Aug 09

Just thought I would post my appreciation for Samsung. I bought a SyncMaster 2232BW oin December 2007 and have loved it, really happy with games, photo editing etc etc. However I got home today and noticed 8 black specks inside the screen.

I called Samsung and spoke to a very pleasent chap who took my details confirmed the manufacture date of the monitor and said the screen had a 3 year warrantee. My monitor will hopefully be picked up by the end of the week and on pick up I will be supplied with a shiney new one.

I have to say I was disappointed with the dead/stuck pixels/dust or what ever the specks are but Samsung have really delivered on customer service. I will post back up once I get the new one delivered.

Si_L 23:06 24 Aug 09

I've got exactly the same monitor, and just checked my receipt and I bought it the same month and year, so thats reassuring to know :)

donki 09:53 25 Aug 09

It really is a great monitor just strange that the problem has seemed to develop over night. I was working on word (which with the white page on screen the pixels would have stood out)the day before I noticed it and the screen was perfect. Started it yesterday and there are clearly around 8 damaged pixels. Any one know why they occur?

wiz-king 07:06 26 Aug 09

"I will be supplied with a shiney new one" You may not, most manufacturers do a swap-out for a similar model that they have refurbished. It might have a new screen fitted but the case may be a refurbished one.

OTT_Buzzard 07:52 26 Aug 09

I had some dealings with Samsung to return a faulty DVD drive under manufacturer warranty.

Very good service indeed. RMA code issued by email within 2 hours of me emailing in the forms and product replaced (not repaired!) within 1 week.

Very happy :)

donki 11:21 26 Aug 09

I think you are correct so I called the customer service again today and they said it will be refurbished but they say all their refurbished models have new casings and are fully tested so hopefully it will be "like" new. The guy went onto say if a further fault developed I would get a new one.

OTT_Buzzard

Its good to see not all companies leave you high and dry whrn a problem occurs.

exdragon 11:28 26 Aug 09

I rang Samsung when I had problems with the connections on my monitor: rang them 9.00am, had a phone call from them five hours later and a replacement was with me the following morning.

Can't fault them on that.

lpen1 21:15 27 Aug 09

2 years ago I brought a washing machine from a company on the web, 2 weeks later if flooded the kitchen. Contacted the company and they said get in contact with Samsung. They were very helpful and said they would ring me back later in the day. Rung me later and said they were waiting for a new delivery but if I cared to wait for two weeks they would supply with a better model to make up for the delay. At the time the model I had purchased was £299 in Currys, two weeks later I received a new machine from Samsung, checking on the web the cheapest I could find the machine was £549. It is without a doubt the best customer servive I have ever had.

WolframBlitzen 14:28 30 Aug 09

I had to call Samsung’s retail care line a few weeks ago regarding an issue with a TV. They could not have been more helpful. Usually when you call retail care for large companies like that, they tend to try and push you from pillar to post and that was what I was expecting.

I got through to someone on their retail care line who spoke English as a first language, explained the problem and he gave me a huge list of solutions. I asked the customer which one would be best for them, and Samsung took care of the rest of it. All I had to do was tell a very happy customer that Samsung would be in touch with them this afternoon and they would sort it from there

If they look after their customers like they look after their resellers, and it looks like they do, then they are defiantly doing something right. Pitty Retail care isn’t like that with every company

-The Blitz Man

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…