Samsung 940 v Samsung 930

roger 17:09 18 Feb 06

I have decided to buy a new monitor and the choice is now between one of these two.

Having seen the interesting comments generated by AntoniaLouise on 27th Jan I thought that I would try for an update on thinking in relation to the difference between these. I will be going for the tilt swivel version.

I assume that for general wp and spreadsheet work with some photo editing and streaming video viewing I will not actually notice the difference between a 4 and 8 refresh rate.

Are these actually good monitors? The reviews of the 930 are good but I have found nothing on the 940. Is it a later version? Are there better at the price? Any help with comments or experiences will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Roger

Mr Mistoffelees 17:44 18 Feb 06

I have an SM930 BF and it is an excellent monitor, you would not regret buying one. However, looking at the specs on the Samsung website, it looks like the 940 is an update of the 930 with an even faster response time, 2ms down from 4ms, and brightness up from 270cd/m2 to 300 with contrast ratio unchanged. Think I would get the 940, but as I said above, you would not be disappointed with a 930.

Mr Mistoffelees 17:46 18 Feb 06
  Mr Mistoffelees 17:49 18 Feb 06

Both can be had online from around £245 including postage.

rmcqua 20:22 18 Feb 06

I have a 930BF. It's not just a good monitor, it's excellent. If the 940 is an upgrade and you can get it for around the same price I would go for it. Whichever model you choose, you will not regret it.

TOPCAT® 01:17 19 Feb 06

It's response time is 8ms against the 930's 4 and I think it was a little cheaper than the 930 at the time. That said, I highly recommend it for all types of work - it's great! TC.

TOPCAT® 01:25 19 Feb 06

Here's the specs for the UK model. TC.

click here

roger 17:33 22 Feb 06

Thanks for all the very helpful feedback from everyone.

I have finally bought the SM970P which is the higher spec'd model. I had decided on the SM940B which runs out at about £260/£270 incl VAT but at the last moment saw that LaptopsDirect had a special promotion on the 970 at a price of £199 incl VAT and it seemed too good a deal to ignore so I went for it.

I will let you know if it was a mistake!

Thanks again.

Roger

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac