Samsung 913vsSamsung 930-final choice-please help.

Antonialouise 20:36 27 Jan 06

Dear All

Thanks for your help re my previous questions.

Have decided to go for one of the above. I just can't decide between the two.

Financially, the 913 would be better for me but if it's a false economy I'll go for the 930.

I have a 256mb geforce fx5500 graphics card which does say that it is DVI too. (whatever that means!). The card is discontinued now so can't get much more info but Sims 2 and the expansion packs plus other games (football manager etc.,) work fine on my PC.

So, if I went for the cheaper version would it be a big deal to be without the DVI and in a years time would I not be able to get certain games etc., and would there be any other impact?

And what's the real benefit of going for the 930?

I really hope you can help. I'm the worlds worst decision maker.

Cheers
Toni

Mr Mistoffelees 20:56 27 Jan 06

Take the bull by the horns and buy an SM930 BF, you won't regret it.

rmcqua 21:04 27 Jan 06

Toni,
The 930 has both analogue and digital video inputs. Your video card has a digital output (DVI). With DVI, you should notice an improvement over analogue - the faster/more demanding your game or application, the more noticeable this will be.
I would definitely go for the 930 for the quite small extra cost. I bought one and use it in DVI mode. The results are stunning. The 930 also has a slightly faster refresh time (4ms), I think, though this will not be noticeable other than with the most demanding video applications.
Go for the 930 ! You will love it !

Antonialouise 21:52 27 Jan 06

Hello,

Thanks for the really quick responses guys, really appreciate it.

Okay, you've pretty much persuaded me to go for the 930 (sorry bank balance!). Any recs for sites that are reliable, quick and for the cheapest offer of the 930 please?

I've had a look at dabs and they look like my favourites so far.

Cheers again. Toni

Mr Mistoffelees 22:31 27 Jan 06

Got mine from click here;jsessionid=1543da9ea11375b/shopdata/index.shopscript

Mr Mistoffelees 22:33 27 Jan 06

Sorry that didn't work. Try this link click here and then navigate to the monitor.

Antonialouise 22:33 27 Jan 06

Sorry mate, the link won't work. Could you let me know the site please?

Thankyou. :)

Mr Mistoffelees 22:40 27 Jan 06

The second link should be ok, it works for me. It is www. brijade.co.uk (without the space).

Antonialouise 22:41 27 Jan 06

Thankyou. You're a star.

Are they quite quick to send it through?

Mr Mistoffelees 22:48 27 Jan 06

Yes.

rmcqua 22:49 27 Jan 06

Bought mine from here
click here
It arrived the next day.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…