saga of an orange upgrade

outlawbabs 22:07 24 Jun 05

Hi all,
I decided to upgrade the old nokia and buy myself a new fone :-)It arrived wednesday so I rang the orange number and registered....you'l get 3 texts in the next 24 hours to actvate fone she said...great.
24 hours later still not activated so I ring again.....oh sometimes it takes 25 hours, leave another hour......ok.
so 25 hours now,nowt.
ring again.....ok resend text activation, wait another 24 hours.......ok great :-(
48 hours later still no activation.......****!!!
ring AGAIN!....guy checks IMEI and SIM number...oh its blocked he said.......what do you mean?.........its been lost or stolen he said.............I just bought the thing from orange on line???? theyre sold with a block on them......nobody asked or mentioned this before LOL! o hey presto, block taken off and fone is now working! :-) I'm now off for a pint.....I need it!

spuds 22:24 24 Jun 05

I made a recent new mobile 'special offer' purchase from Link, went into the nearby Vodafone store [as it was on their network] and they did all the hard work for me there and then. Purchased £15.00 worth of extra time and the threw in a extra £2.50 worth for free.

outlawbabs 10:59 25 Jun 05

yes Spuds.this was a good deal too!The fone is good,its just what i wanted. I was concerned that the registration dept didnt seem to know about this blacklisting of handsets sent through the post ( good idea tho ) Even though I gave them the SIM and IMEI numbers, and they did ask if it was a new fone each time,they just told me to wait another 24 hours.surely if they have the numbers they can see if its blacklisted?
I waited 48 hours for something that was sortedin 2 mins (Thanks to Simon,at least he was on the ball ! )
Anyway,problem sorted :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…