RTC battery replacement on Toshiba laptop

Humphreyyg 17:25 18 Jun 07

Toshiba laptop type S5100-201, Model PS510E-01CZ5-EN. I get an intermittent fault message at startup relating to the RTC and then find that the clock has reset to 00:00. I am interpreting this as a requirement to change the RTC battery.
My problems are (A) Where do I get a replacement battery? (I have searched on the internet without success so far) and (B) How do I get into the machine to replace the battery once I have got one?
Suggestions will be much appreciated.

beeuuem 12:48 19 Jun 07

From click here
RTC battery/CMOS battery - this battery pack provides power for the internal real time clock, maintains the system configuration and the SETUP program values. It will maintain this data for one month when fully charged. "Error in CMOS" may occur at startup if the RTC battery has discharged. To resolve this, plug the notebook in to an external power source, turn the notebook on, and let the RTC battery charge for 24-48 hours.

Humphreyyg 11:18 24 Jun 07

Thanks for the suggestion. The problem seems to be that the RTC battery no longer holds its charge for more than the odd day.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced