Rplacement Printer.

siouxah1 12:20 22 Mar 11

Is anyone able to give a personal recommendation for a printer to replace a Canon Pixma ip5000? The print head appears to have the seals perished.

Any make other than Lexmark. Not an All In combination. Have separate colour cartridges, be able to use compatible cartridges and the budget is about £70.

Main use will be colour graphics and the occasional photo.

Thanks in advance!

wiz-king 15:15 22 Mar 11

My favorite is the Brother range, I think the latest is the DCP-585. A little more than you want to spend but a well built printer, quite heavy and it feels well made. I have 10 various models of various ages and they only take two types of cartridge between them, they take black, cyan, magenta and yellow cartridges so you only have to replace the one you have used..

wiz-king 16:16 22 Mar 11

Oops. You don't want a multi-function - ignore my last post. We all find the scan/copy facility very useful though.

siouxah1 17:23 22 Mar 11

Not at all Wiz-king. Thank you for your reply. I might yet have to go with the multi-function in the end.

Although I have a perfectly good scanner I would not rule them, the multi, out.

sidecar sid 19:44 22 Mar 11

I know it's an all in one but have a look at the Epson stylus SX515W.You can get one for less than your £70.00 buget.Compatible inks are cheap and readily available

siouxah1 21:42 22 Mar 11

Thanks for that Sidecar sid. Good info.

Thanks both. I eventually decided on an All in one. I chose the Epson. It was the plentiful supply of compatible cartridges and wireless, not to mention price, that swung it.

The all in ones seem to be more readily available than the single use items and not much more in price.

Thanks again.

wee eddie 22:01 22 Mar 11

and I reckoned I was wasting a lot of Ink during the Start-up process.

The print head on my Canon i850 has just died and I have just ordered a small Colour Laser Printer, a Samsung. I'll keep you posted.

wee eddie 13:33 24 Mar 11

Amazon Free Delivery took only 48 hours.

Set-up very simple. Up and running in less than an hour, most of which was spent installing the Software and Registering it.

Colour quality on plain Paper is first class. It takes time to produce the first copy, but thereafter Black & White Letters come out at a rate of knots. It's almost silent. So far so good!

colm21 11:40 25 Mar 11

I would recommend HP, very reliable brand and I hear that the ink cartridges are cheap.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced