Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator

MisterPaul 21:35 22 Apr 04

Anyone have any experience of this software, or comments?

Thanks

Paul

phil.smith 12:26 23 Apr 04

Use it all the time at work - no problems so far - relatively easy to use

Phil

maz2 13:34 23 Apr 04

Been using it for many years although I must say I prefer version 5 to all the new releases, I did purchase 6 but wasn't very impressed and I haven't any experience of version 7. Version 5 is very easy to use, for more information you could go to the Roxio website, click on support and go into the discussion forums, you'll soon find out from there what people think of it and if there are any problems

MisterPaul 16:34 23 Apr 04

Now, will this software do everything from uploading home video, editing, to burning onto dvd? I could do with one piece of software which will do everything.

Thanks again

Paul

ams4127 20:14 23 Apr 04

It's fine as long as you don't have any other burning software installed, especially anything from Pinnacle.

MisterPaul 20:33 23 Apr 04

Why do you say that?

Minkey1 20:54 23 Apr 04

Mister Paul
I'd guess ams4127 has experienced conflicts when both burning products have been installed ? I've no experience of Pinnacle but use the Roxio v.5 product extensively and love the slide show + music option when creating photo CD's - unlike others I've tried the image is full screen. I think to get DVD burning you need v.6 ? I'm registered with Roxio and they've just sent me a promo thing to get Roxio Creator 7 for £49.99 at PC World until 03/05/04. I'm not sure how the price compares but u get photo/video editing, CD/DVD burning/copying, and legal Napster downloads. Will send u the page if u want.
Minkey

ams4127 20:29 26 Apr 04

My apologies for not replying sooner.

I had, as Minkey1 correctly guessed, problems with a conflict between CD & DVD Creator 6 and Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD. My machine came with The Pinnacle software pre-installed (light version). It didn't quite do what I wanted so I bought Roxio, having used it's earlier incarnations without any problems. That was when my computer virtually ground to a halt. Uninstalling Roxio restored things to normal and I bought a later version of the Pinnacle software which works fine.

I can't say which of the two programmes caused the conflict. I do know that Pinnacle and Nero 6 co-exist quite happily (I'm using both) so the finger of suspicion would point towards Roxio.

As I said before, I have used Roxio's software previously and been more than happy with it.

deadneat 15:47 27 Apr 04

I use v6. Its easy to use, also makes very nice vcd photo/video slideshows with transitions etc.

g0nvs 19:21 27 Apr 04

Go one better, buy NERO.

MisterPaul 19:54 27 Apr 04

?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced