Rock Computers

LIVING_ON_BORROWED_TIME 21:40 05 Jul 03

Hi

I'm considering buying a laptop from Rock Direct.

Just wondered if anyone had a thoughts and comments on Rock PCs or laptops.

All posts welcome. Thanks in advance.

mikef. 22:23 05 Jul 03

I haven't got one, but I know someone who has and he is very happy with it.

Magik ®© 12:48 06 Jul 03

I got a laptop from Rock, the sigma, it has not once missed a beat..you mention PC's, i think they only make laptops....an ace company...

TechMad 20:19 21 Jul 03

My mum has a Rock laptop, a Sigma Si, she is very pleased with it. Although she finds that copying and pasting large images, while playing an audio CD means the music may have a 1 or 2 second pause at intervals.

TechMad 20:24 21 Jul 03

The comment above isn't meant to be negative, all computers suffer from this to a degree. Its just slighly more noticable.

Gaz W 15:47 22 Jul 03

Not sure whether this is possible on laptop CD/DVD drives, but you can just play the CD drive directly through the sound card/onboard sound, using the drive itself as the actual player. On desktop PCs, CD/DVD-ROM drives with a Play button will allow you to play audio CDs, and they go through the sound card, so it might not be that much of a problem at all.

johnkeithjohn 19:11 22 Jul 03

my wife has a sigma di, great machine i only wish they made desktops. the other thing i like about rock is the three year collect and return warranty if anything does go wrong

TechMad 10:58 25 Jul 03

I note that recently that Rock has stopped listing the Sigma Di in their magazine ads and that they can no longer be ordered on the website.

Is this a similar situation with the Agenda XP, which appears top of the PCA budget laptop review list, but isn't available in the ad or the website?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…