Dannyb 15:26 20 Nov 05

I do a lot of travelling with my work and want to be able to use my desktop to easily access emails and the internet wherever I go in this country or abroad. I have read a bit about iPass and net2roam, both which look good, but wondered if anybody has any experience of either of these or any other ideas as to what is the most efficient and effective way to do this. I am leaning towards iPass at the moment but could easily be swayed.

ade.h 16:41 20 Nov 05

I'm using a Vodafone 3G/GPRS card at the moment. I was lucky enough to get it free with my laptop. It works very well, but it's early days yet, so I probably haven't needed to use it in places of limited coverage, and I only use it for vital internet access due to its cost per MB of £2. The free credit is quite quickly used up.

Dannyb 18:47 20 Nov 05

Thanks ade.h but I was looking at the other "setups" as they offer local rate calls anywhere in the world, I am just not sure how they exactly work and which would be the best, or if there are others out there I don't yet know about which may be better.

ade.h 19:09 20 Nov 05

Afriad I don't know anything about the services that you mentioned, hence my lack of comment on them. I'm pretty new to wireless roaming myself!

If they offer local rate airtime, though, that's a bargain. Suppose it just depends how much you'll have to pay per month, if anything.

Dannyb 19:24 20 Nov 05

Watch this posting ade.h, hopefully we'll all learn something to our advantage

ade.h 15:47 22 Nov 05

I just found out how much the Vodafone card would have cost had it not been free - £200. Ouch! Given that I'm currently having trouble getting it to work properly, I'm glad I didn't pay for it...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…