ripped off by a friend

tonymcdonn 10:56 29 Nov 08

I bought satellite codes from a friend (or so I thought) I paid him £150 for twelve months. Recommended him to a friend who bought the same. It worked for about two months and then it went off.I have phoned him and he said he would fix it. This was about a month ago. I only have his phone number and I know he lives not too far away from me. I have no address and no surname. Has anyone any ideas on how to get his address by just having his phone number. I've tried 192 .com but I need a susname. Can anyone help please?

Clapton is God 11:22 29 Nov 08

"ripped off by a friend"

"I have no address and no surname"

Strange sort of 'friend' if you don't know his/her address or surname

If you believe a crime of some sort has been perpetrated against you, have you spoken to the police?

spuds 11:28 29 Nov 08

Strange that you call this person a friend, yet you have no surname or home address for the person. Sounds more like a passing acquaintance, perhaps offering a once in a lifetime bargain, which now appears to be no longer that bargain.

If you had a surname, then the electoral roll may have helped in locating an address, providing the person was of voting age.

Have a word with your local trading standards, or continue to bend the persons ears with further telephone calls to resolve the problem. But in a case like this, be prepared to lose something that the seller was not prepared to offer!.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:37 29 Nov 08

You got ripped off through your own stupidity and how on earth do you expect anyone here to know his surname, address or how to contact him. I think I can see why he conned you.

G

iscanut 11:53 29 Nov 08

If you have his phone number, phone him up and ask him his surname and address !!!

tillybaby 11:56 29 Nov 08

I don't think he was asking anyone on here if they knew his surname etc. He was asking if it was possible to find out the details from just his phone number which I don't think is possible,

Unfortunately I think you will have to put this down to experience and never trust anyone who you think is a friend. I know it's easy to be wise after the event.

lofty29 11:59 29 Nov 08

Did you not have a suspicion that those codes were pirated when you bought them and thought that you getting one over on the providers,
" bought from a guy in the pub guv" springs to mind. These "pirate codes" have been doing the rounds for years and the broadcasters catch up on them every so often and blank them, always remember if a deal seems to good to be true it always is, and the old saying is true "you cannot con an honest man".

dagnammit 13:09 29 Nov 08

HaHa!

Please report yourself and him to the nearest Police Station.

Forum Editor 16:28 29 Nov 08

now you're suffering the consequences. Put it down to experience and get on with life.

jimmybond 17:12 29 Nov 08

"Have a word with your local trading standards, or continue to bend the persons ears with further telephone calls to resolve the problem...."

ROTFL I'd love to hear that conversation ;-) "Hello is that trading standards...I've purchased some pirate codes so that I could avoid paying for a service legitimately, from a guy called Tam down the pub, don't know his second name but he seemed nice enough....oh that's terrible sir, give us his phone number and we'll get right on the case for you" ;-))

rdave13 18:00 29 Nov 08

It's cost you 150 squids to be conned by a conman. Worth it, I think, as next time you won't be so susceptible to a con. Aren't people great.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac