Rip to MP3

steve263000 12:10 14 Jun 09

Could anyone point me in the direction of a good piece of software to rip CD's to MP3? I have free rip click here and that does a good job for just a few CD's at a time but then causes problems and stops ripping. I guess it s because they want you to buy the paid for version.

I have tried ripping with Windows Media Player and it does rip quickly, but never seems to recognize the CD even with a new chart one and to be fair free rip does.

So has anyone used a free reliable peace of software to rip CD's to MP3?

john bunyan 13:32 14 Jun 09

iTunes works quite well - you have to "tell" it to rip as mp3 rather than the default m4p.
I have a paid for Roxio Creator 2009, but iTunes is good. Others I think, use Audacity.

I am Spartacus 14:39 14 Jun 09

I've been using FreeRip for years and apart from the spyware it tries to install (easily deselected) I don't have any problems with it. I'm using version 2.945

canarieslover 17:00 14 Jun 09

Try Audiograbber, it has always been O.K. for me. click here Don't forget to also download Lame and include the .DLL in the Audiograbber folder. If you have problems at all with this as well then you may have problems with your Windows installation as I have used both Freerip and Windows Media Player without the problems that you have come across.

steve263000 02:39 15 Jun 09

Thanks for the help guys. Audiograbber seems just that complicated for little old me but I will try to get Freerip to play again I think. Other that that I do have iTunes and just never thought of it.

john bunyan 22:58 15 Jun 09

In i tunes, just create a playlist with about 20 tunes dragged from music library, , then at the bottom there is a "burn disc" logo. Inset CD and select create audio cd, with the playlist selected you can go to file, print, and you can print a jewel case etc.

interzone55 09:32 16 Jun 09

Windows Media player will allow you to rip to MP3 - so that may be all you need.

I tend to use CD Extractor click here it's not been updated for a while, and the Vista version is still in Beta, but it works well and manages to import most CD details from FreeDB...

Covergirl 12:33 16 Jun 09

I've got a Samsung YH-J70 MP3 player and there's a free download click here for the EmoDio ripper / player / organiser.

I've used it for my own CD collection and it works fine (with a little tweaking for the folder/album/track title).

I don't remember any registration procedure . . .

steve263000 15:02 16 Jun 09

Thanks covergirl and Alan14 for the suggestions. The last time I uses Freerip there was an update for it and I tried that first. That new one seems to work well so I will keep to that. But thanks for the suggestions.

sunshine65 19:13 18 Jun 09

If you don't mind, this is what I need so I will "bookmark" it to read later. cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…