Rip Off via Amazon

thospot 14:29 18 Feb 07

Could any one tell me how to cancel an order placed only 30 minutes previously from Amazon..

I did not know I was placing an order because the site just sends you round and round in circles and I wanted to know how much the P&P was for some printer ink before I made my mind up.

When I found that the total p&p would be £22.50 for £9.38 worth of ink I didn't bother going any further I went on to the 7day shop site where I knew I would not get ripped off.

When I had completed my order with 7day shop I went into my emails to check the confirmation and found that there was three other emails there from Amazon confirming the order from two other companies (not Amazon).

I have searched the Amazon site to cancel these orders but the site seems to have been designed for anything bar cancellations.

I think it is because the goods are being purchased from someone else (not Amazon) and the deal is completed immediately..

I tried to get onto the part for 'distant selling regulations' but unfortunately it was out of order.

Any advice from anyone would be appreciated.

peonfilms 14:56 18 Feb 07

When on amazon's home page you will see a tab marked YOUR ACCOUNT (top right). Click on that. Under "Where's my stuff" click on "Cancel items or orders". Follow instructions from there on.

thospot 15:11 18 Feb 07

Thanks peonfilms for you advice.

I have already done all that and I still come to a dead end.
The orders in question come under a heading 'Completed Orders' and there is nowhere else to go from there.

SANTOS7 15:21 18 Feb 07

If you are a registered user the "cancel an order" is straight forward if you come to a dead end i think there maybe something more sinister afoot.
are you sure you where directed to a genuine Amazon webpage.
I have used Amazon on many occasions and i have NEVER been sent round in circles..

thospot 15:36 18 Feb 07

I suppose you could be right SANTOS7.

The sellers are quoted as 'essentialcentral' and 'flashmemory'.

I don't think it is a case of being sent round in circles by Amazon as me following one lead and then another and getting nowhere..

I think it is probably designed whereby if Amazon do not stock the item and have someone else to supply it once Amazon have done there bit that is the end as far as they are concerned.

I just don't know enough about it....

SANTOS7 15:40 18 Feb 07

Did you actually confirm anything on a page that contains your bank details..

thospot 15:42 18 Feb 07

Because it is two 'outsiders' that will be suppying do you think that Amazon could just click you into the box called 'completed orders' knowing that that is as far as anyone will get to cancel.?.

Just a guess..

thospot 15:44 18 Feb 07

Sorry SANTOS7. I was a bit slow typing the last one..

No, I didn't confirm anything but they already have my bank details from a previous order...

jakimo 15:53 18 Feb 07

Sounds like you have ordered from a third party seller on the Amazon site,if so the email comfirming your order will have an email address,other than Amazon that you should contact

thospot 15:57 18 Feb 07

That is correct jakimo but I wanted to cancel the order before it had anything to do with the third part supplier..

In that case I will have to wait until I receive the goods and then send them back which is a bit silly realy, isn't it?..

thospot 16:00 18 Feb 07

What about the price they charge for p&p.? I will have paid for the goods 2 or 3 times over by the time I have sent them back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…