rights on duff ink cartridges

jospar 23:52 19 Jun 03

Where to I stand on returning a faulty ink cartridge?

I brought a compatible ink cartridge a fortnight ago (three shops and no brand available)when I put it into the printer it would only print when priter was set to photo. It has now stopped completely. I've tried the normal approaches to try to clean it, but to no avail.

I'm weary of this shop (local) because I normanly avoid them, mainly because I find them very pig igerunt, smile not a chance, no have a nice day. Most items you've got to ask for from behind the counter, it is then plonked down infront of you. Also if you pay by credit card you get surcharged and if you dare return the item you are charged 5% for your troubles, even if they were the ones who advised you to buy it in the first place!

So have I the right to not only return it, but the fact that in a fortnight 1/2 of it has been used even though I haven't printed a lot with it?

If they have no brand cartridges can I at least get part of my money back, without having to except a credit note?

And if they think I'm going to pay a returns surcharge well they've got to be joking!

TBH1 00:22 20 Jun 03

I wouldn't shop there again if I were you

mole44 07:53 20 Jun 03

you have learned a hard lesson i know but hope you have twigged,"GO TO A REPUTABLE SUPPLIER",nuff said

Jester2K II 08:04 20 Jun 03

click here cheaper than shops. My sister i i get genuines for half price!!!

wee eddie 18:01 20 Jun 03

All you have said about use and problems are almost impossible to prove. If the staff at the shop are as disagreeable as you say, then the boss will surely be a mirror image.

As Jester2K II says, there are plenty of people who want your business, both on the web and in the High Street. If you spend a little time in the back of PCA and on the web and jot down a few prices. Then next time you're in town, visit the local lads and see what they have to offer. They are unlikely to be as cheap but, so long as you do not have to go far out of your way, you will have someone handy to answer your questions as well.

jospar 20:35 20 Jun 03

O well, you live and learn (in my case its normanly the hard way)

But I shall try and give it a go, never know your luck?

At least I did get my course work done that I needed to get done, thats one thing. Talking about course work after what I heard today I think that work can go and take a jump.

I kindly help a work colleague out, there was no way they were going to get through, most of there work was adjusted copies of mine, guess who got the promotion, yelp not me!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…