Right to cancel?

sean-278262 21:37 07 Jun 04

I bought an Mp3 player from a UK Internet Company and have been strung around as it has not been delivered in over a week and the company have made claims it was attempted to be delivered on saturday by the post.They claim that no one was home and have claimed to have kept me informed of what was occuring but i received no information by email.Also i was home all day and there is no way a delivery could have been attempted and the postal service in ireland doesn't opperate on a saturday!i have since canceled and am wondering about my rights i know i am allowed a 7 day "Coolin off" period after receipt of goods and as i have not received them wonder if there are any othe things I should know. they have told me i am required to contact them to get a number to cancel the order.I have sent a message stating i dont want to receive the goods and that i have decided to cancel

spuds 23:48 07 Jun 04

Here's a few consumer rights for you to look at click here

Most companies request that you contact them for a [RMA] so that goods are correctly returned.

Tim1964 00:04 08 Jun 04

I ordered a PS2 game that HAD to arrive in time for my son's birthday. Emailed them after a week, they replied 'give it a few more days'. Phoned them they said 'wait for the 28 days to pass'(as stated in their T+Cs). After the 28 day period I phoned them again to get my card refunded. (although they can take the money instantly it still took 2 calla and over a week for the refund!!) It might be worth reading the 'microprint' on the site to see what their policy is. You won't need a RMA as you never received the item to return it in the first place.

sean-278262 22:44 08 Jun 04

phoned the consumer rights place and they told me exactly whay you all have told me.Seems this internet shopping thing isn't what its cracked up to be.should be a petition somewhere to sound off about bad companies tell others to be wary.again thanks for the help!

Tim1964 23:03 08 Jun 04

But was the Online company the problem??

Or is it yet again the Post Office, the incompetance of the Royal Mail/Post Office/Consignia (or what the hell they call themselves today)must be having a damaging effect on the multi-billion pound industry that is online trading. It's about time they cut their losses and gave up the monopoly to someone who knows how to move a box from one building to another without it 'going missing'

Feel better now :-)

ste_bla 00:44 09 Jun 04

You forgot pacelforce!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…