Review of iiyama ProLite E431 TFT

rozelle 07:37 19 Jul 04

Is anyone able to copy and paste a review of the above monitor that appeared in the January 2004 issue of PCA? Sod's law for me because I have every issue but cannot find my January copy and I would like to read a review of the machine.

accord 08:22 19 Jul 04

I would suggest having a look at here at the 431S

click here

rozelle 08:35 19 Jul 04

Thanks Accord for your prompt response. I have seen the mini review that you are referring to but I would like to see the review that was in the January issue if anyone still has their copy.

accord 10:02 19 Jul 04

try doing a search for iiyama on this forum, theres loads of threads about this company and this TFT. The general consensors is its superb.

I was going to get the 431S but instead went for the LG L1710S as it was a snip at £270 a couple of months ago and i was having trouble finding the iiyama. I had a 15" iiyama before and to me i dont notice the difference between that and the LG.

I do know that the iiyama is currently the mutts when it comes to TFT screens.

Good luck.

rozelle 10:13 19 Jul 04

Hi again Accord,

"The Mutts" this is a new one on me, does it mean it is "the biz" - ie one of the best??

accord 10:29 19 Jul 04

absolutely. ie mutts nuts

rewired 16:35 19 Jul 04

I bought one after reading the original review here and am delighted with it . Every thing I hoped for and the envy of friends and family.

darrboy 16:59 19 Jul 04

having ordred my new system with mesh computers in april, they could not supply this as they said it had been "discontinued" they supplied a sharp LL-T19D1 which is an excellent monitor, the only gripe I have it is not wall mountable like the iiyama

rozelle 18:07 19 Jul 04

I actually have ordered an E431 from Micro-Direct but I would have liked to have been able to read the original review in the January 2004 issue. It's so annoying because as I said, I have all the other months around the January one. I know all the reports on this are favourable though.

Rayuk 20:58 19 Jul 04

darrboy
I think you will find that your Sharp is Vesa compliant 100x100 Mountable.
click here

I think they may have been a little economical with the truth saying the Iiyama was discontinued as it was Iiyama latest[and Greatest] release,although a little hard to come by in Jan/May

Sans le Sou 09:32 20 Jul 04

I think he meant the Iiyama481 because the sharp is 19". Mesh had a lot of problems supplying the 481, they even sent me a secondhand broken one with my system, and then told me to sort it out with Iiyama. Charming people!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos