Review of iiyama ProLite E431 TFT

rozelle 07:37 19 Jul 04

Is anyone able to copy and paste a review of the above monitor that appeared in the January 2004 issue of PCA? Sod's law for me because I have every issue but cannot find my January copy and I would like to read a review of the machine.

accord 08:22 19 Jul 04

I would suggest having a look at here at the 431S

click here

rozelle 08:35 19 Jul 04

Thanks Accord for your prompt response. I have seen the mini review that you are referring to but I would like to see the review that was in the January issue if anyone still has their copy.

accord 10:02 19 Jul 04

try doing a search for iiyama on this forum, theres loads of threads about this company and this TFT. The general consensors is its superb.

I was going to get the 431S but instead went for the LG L1710S as it was a snip at £270 a couple of months ago and i was having trouble finding the iiyama. I had a 15" iiyama before and to me i dont notice the difference between that and the LG.

I do know that the iiyama is currently the mutts when it comes to TFT screens.

Good luck.

rozelle 10:13 19 Jul 04

Hi again Accord,

"The Mutts" this is a new one on me, does it mean it is "the biz" - ie one of the best??

accord 10:29 19 Jul 04

absolutely. ie mutts nuts

rewired 16:35 19 Jul 04

I bought one after reading the original review here and am delighted with it . Every thing I hoped for and the envy of friends and family.

darrboy 16:59 19 Jul 04

having ordred my new system with mesh computers in april, they could not supply this as they said it had been "discontinued" they supplied a sharp LL-T19D1 which is an excellent monitor, the only gripe I have it is not wall mountable like the iiyama

rozelle 18:07 19 Jul 04

I actually have ordered an E431 from Micro-Direct but I would have liked to have been able to read the original review in the January 2004 issue. It's so annoying because as I said, I have all the other months around the January one. I know all the reports on this are favourable though.

Rayuk 20:58 19 Jul 04

darrboy
I think you will find that your Sharp is Vesa compliant 100x100 Mountable.
click here

I think they may have been a little economical with the truth saying the Iiyama was discontinued as it was Iiyama latest[and Greatest] release,although a little hard to come by in Jan/May

Sans le Sou 09:32 20 Jul 04

I think he meant the Iiyama481 because the sharp is 19". Mesh had a lot of problems supplying the 481, they even sent me a secondhand broken one with my system, and then told me to sort it out with Iiyama. Charming people!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…