Returning Inkjet Cartridges

Border View 22:57 06 Mar 06

On the 19th January I order 20 of each colour and black compatible inket cartridges from 7 day shop. They were offered at a very attractive price - hence I ordered 20 of each.

They arrived a couple of days later and because I had not used all the ink in the cartridges in my printer, they sat in the cupboard. On Saturday I replaced my colour cartridge with a 7day shop own brand compatible cartridge. The print quality was to say the very least very poor. In fact it did not print the true colours at all and the reproduction was washed out. It was as though one of the colours wasnt feeding through. Checked and cleaned print heads but no improvement at all. No choice but to replace them with another brand which worked perfectly.

I e-mailed 7day shop and explained that I wished to return 19 black cartridges and 19 colour cartridges because I considered them substandard. I asked what the procedure was to return them.

I have received an e-mail tonight saying that so long as the goods are in original condition (yes they are - they are all still in their little boxes with the plastic wrapping unbroken) and provided I am returning the goods within SEVEN DAYS they would give credit. Obviously I have had these cartridges more than seven days.

Can anyone please advise where I stand in this matter. I believe the cartridges to be not fit for the purpose they were supplied but its more than seven days.

Stuartli 01:27 07 Mar 06

Are these the 99p offerings?

namtas 08:25 07 Mar 06

This is not in your favour. It will be down to the goodwill 7 day shop, as far as the law goes they must replace the faulty one and I would have asked for a free replacement for this.

If the replacement was faulty you would have a case, at the moment one faulty out of fourty may just be bad luck.

They do not have to give your money back unless they (all) are not fit for the purpose.

Border View 09:30 07 Mar 06

Stuartli 66p actually.

I can see where you are coming from namtas. Perhaps I over-reacted. Shall just learn a lesson and remember the phrase - that if an offer seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Thank you both for responding.

spuds 10:05 07 Mar 06

I hope that I have not made a mistake. Just purchased nearly £80.00 worth of compatibles and originals from this company.Mainly Epson compatibles!.

My last purchase from this company was about twelve months ago, when I purchased a bulk buy of originals. All worked fine, and the price was superb.

rmcqua 10:39 07 Mar 06

I have never yet found an Epson C86 compatible that was anywhere near as good as Epson originals, and I have tried loads. Choice has been recommended and I will give them a try next time, but I'm not holding out any hopes.

rmcqua 10:40 07 Mar 06

Sorry Barmoor, having re-read my last post I realise that it was a bit of a hijack. Apologies.

spuds 12:10 07 Mar 06

rmcqua-- I use nothing but compatibles on my Epson C86. Never had any problems with colour or anything else. I have used various suppliers, but I found Datasafe and DeskType brands from places like SVP,BigPockets for less than a £1.00 each were very good.But I suppose that would all depend if you were looking for picture quality, and not just general usage.

The 7dayshop compatibles are 'own branded'and these are less than a £1.00 each. I suppose the proof in the pudding, will come when I try them!.

rmcqua 12:16 07 Mar 06

spuds:
Yes, I do quite a bit of photo work and that's where I notice most of the problems. However, some of my experiences have been far less subtle than that, e.g. leaks, no print at all, striping that won't clear even after multiple cleans. You have been far more fortunate than me - it probably comes from you leading a good, clean life!

pj123 16:26 07 Mar 06

Barmoor, I did roughly the same thing. Fortunately, I only went for 10 black cartridges at the time. (still have 4 left). They have proved to be not very good. I shan't be buying from 7 day shop anymore. I will keep my allegiance with Choice Stationery.

Snec 23:26 07 Mar 06

The common law of business prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. It cannot be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better.

--------------------------------------------

John Ruskin (1819-1900)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…