Returning incompatible hardware....

muttley76 06:42 05 Feb 03

Hi,

Just wanted to pick your brains regarding returning of hardware that is found to be incompatible with existing hardware.

I'll explain, I recently purchased a D-Link 520+ and 650+ wireless cards, but have since found that the 520+ is not liking having a sound blaster card in the PC with it.

can I return the goods on the basis of them being incompatible with my existing hardware(also making them useless to me and unwanted)? or can they only be returned if faulty?

Sir Radfordin™ 08:15 05 Feb 03

The only right you have is to return a product that does not do the job it was sold to do - it is not fit for purpose. If you were sold the cards and can prove you were told they would work fine with the Soundblaster card then yes you can return them. But I very much doubt that is the case.

Depending on who you bought them from you may be able to return them as a good will gesture on behalf of the supplier but you do not have the right to do so.

There is nothing wrong with the product as a single item so you have to accept that they don't meet your needs and perhaps more research would've shown this.

Sell them on, count your losses and try again.

oresome 14:45 05 Feb 03

If the wireless card won't work alongside something as universal as a soundblaster card, there's going to be a lot of disapointed purchasers. Does the manufacturer have a help line? They've probably already got a work round for it.

Steve- 16:08 06 Feb 03

Very interesting, I also recently tried installing a 520+ card in an ASUS M/B and ran into IRQ problems that prevented the system booting. D-Link denied there were any known problems and Dabs tested and returned the card as OK - it works in another M/B without a Soundblaster card. I had thought the fault lay with the M/B but will try removing the Sound card after reading your post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…