returning goods to Dabs.com

driller killer 20:46 15 Jan 03
  driller killer 20:46 15 Jan 03

Please, please, please is there anybody who can help.I am a business customer and have purchased a software pachage from Dabs.com and after recieving it, read the user guide and found that this software was no good for me. When i tried to return the package was told because i have registered as a business, i have no rights as a consumer and they will not accept for a refund. I have e-mailed several times and have even told them i do not accept the software licence and this allows me to return the product. No security seals have been broken on any disks and the package is complete.
Anybody with more info please help...........

Sounds like the time for a Special Delivery letter demanding that they furnish you with a RMA number to return the product or you will instigate a small claims procedure. The only issue for the consumer is the right to return under the distence selling regulations and does not affect in any way the right to return software if you do not accept the agreement.

Still, may be quicker to contact the manufacturer of the software direct and explain the problem...

Do not rely on Dabs email system. You will be waiting ages as I am for a reply to a mail I sent three weeks ago!

Magik™ 21:38 15 Jan 03

no doubt i will be corrected, but...it is down to the buyer to ensure that goods ordered are fit for the purpose before the they are ordered. and not after......

Sir Radfordin™ 22:19 15 Jan 03

That is a true point, but as you don't know the terms of the software licence before you buy it then you are entitled to return it.

Most software disks are sealed with a little sticker that says if you don't agree to the licence then send it back.

Its all to do with complex contract laws and the like.

Agree with Smiffy99 special delivery letter to dabs, and also calls to the software people.

spuds 23:24 15 Jan 03

Might be worth a browse click here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…