Returning Games

FredDibnah 17:10 25 Mar 05

If I purchase a game (Silent Hunter 3) and my computer meets all the minimum specs and the game fails to play, can I return it?

Andybear 18:03 25 Mar 05

That depends on where you buy it. From personal experience, it does seem to vary. Perhaps you could ask someone where you intend buying it from what their policy is.

spuds 18:35 25 Mar 05

Usually the general rule is that the software as got be be faulty, and a replacement is the first option. Many suppliers were stung in the early days, with people purchasing a software title, then making a copy and asking for a refund on the original.

Check with the suppliers as to their terms and conditions.

I recently had a problem with a software programme that wouldn't load, so I contacted the software companies help line. They suggested various methods, none of which worked. In the end they sent me a replacement copy, which did not work either. As it was a cheapie I gave it up as a bad job and didn't bother any further.

Starfox 11:18 26 Mar 05

General rule with games is that if it won't work they should exchange it,refunds are rare.

Andybear 11:33 26 Mar 05

'Game' don't though. A few months ago I was going to buy one there. They told me at the till that they don't exchange / refund games at all, even if there is a problem with them. I went somewhere else, just to be on the safe side.

Starfox 12:18 26 Mar 05

Your right,I forgot about them.They are in the wrong legally and if you took it to court you would win,but who wants the hassle.:o)

I have only ever had one game that would not work (CD key was invalid) and that came from P C World and they exchanged it no quibble.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…