Returning a faulty Laptop

Sturmey 21:28 25 Jun 03

I purchased a laptop on the net, but when it was delivered it had a fault with the keyboard.

I phoned tech support who where absolutely useless, rude and not interested whatsoever, they gave me a premium rate number to call I tried this all day but I couldn't get through.

I am now going to return the faulty laptop and ask for my money back under the distance selling regs, I don't want a replacement.

I am concerned that when I return the laptop the shop will have my money and the laptop, what measures can I take to ensure I receive a full refund.

Many thanks

Sturmey

click here for my other post about this.

Ping Pong 22:16 25 Jun 03

First of all make sure you use a registered service to return the laptop. Use one that you can track online because then you know that they have received it. I am presuming that you paid by credit card ( not debit card ).If the refund is slow in coming then speak to your credit card company. They can achieve in hours what it takes an individual days to do.
Allow the company 48 hours from time of receipt of faulty goods to process the refund before you initiate any form of action.

Ping Pong 22:17 25 Jun 03

Dont forget to ask them for a refund of your postage costs.

Sturmey 22:23 25 Jun 03

I actually paid by debit card (wish I hadn't tho) does this make a big difference to my rights, also can you recommend a decent courier firm that uses on-line tracking.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…