Retailer Stalling Over Refund [Computerwebstore]

diaz 13:11 08 May 07

Hi

I purchased an item from click here on my credit card in early December 06.

The item was continually out of stock and I eventually cancelled in March 07.

I was promised a refund to my credit card, and despite several emails I have received nothing. The company have not answered my emails since their last promise that it would be processed this week on 17/04.

There is no phone no for the company, so I cannot contact them that way.

Can I contact my credit card company for a refund or what are my options?

anchor 13:54 08 May 07

I would not lose any more time in contacting your Credit Card issuer. Do it today!.

pj123 16:09 08 May 07

Is it not now a legal requirement for all commercial internet companies to supply full contact details? ie. postal address, email address, telephone numbers (not just a mobile number but a landline number as well)?

Most of the ones I know are quite happy to do that. They want your business after all.

beeuuem 17:00 08 May 07

I'd endorse anchors sentiment - get on to your CC company now.

From click here
Computerwebstore Ltd
Imperial Court
Exchange Street East
Liverpool
United Kingdom
L2 3AB

Please note that we cannot be held responsible for any unauthorised use of Credit/Debit cards.

"Please note that we cannot be held responsible for any unauthorised use of Credit/Debit cards."

Hardly inspires confidence.

According to Companies House they changed their name in September last year from HSP Global and have a turnover of less than £61,000 per year as they claim VAT exemption.

Couldn't find a telephone number for them.

spuds 17:07 08 May 07

Contact your credit card company for advice.

The website appears to give no contact information except Computerwebstore Ltd, Suite 102, Imperial Court, Exchange Street East, Liverpool, UK, L23AB (Company registration 4459608) Having made further checks, there appears to be no direct telephone link via BT.

beeuuem 17:10 08 May 07

Read this link click here

Forum Editor 18:35 10 May 07

of the distance selling regulations an online retailer must complete the contract (deliver the goods) within thirty days, unless you have agreed otherwise. If this obligation can't be fulfilled the supplier must tell you, and you have the right to cancel the contract.

If you do that - and you did - the supplier must, by law, refund your money within thirty days of your request.

None of that has happened as far as I can see, and you should now email this company. Tell them that they are in breach of the Distance selling regulations, and that you want the refund to be made to your card account within 7 days. Contact your card provider at the same time, and tell them what has happened, and what you have done.

Dendmar 04:23 11 May 07

HOWARD STEVEN PERRY Owner formerly HSP Global
356 WATERLOO QUAY
WATERLOO ROAD
LIVERPOOL
L3 0BT
TEL: 0151 227 9278

ANTHONY EDWARD PERRY Partner
16 OVERCHURCH ROAD
WIRRAL MERSEYSIDE
CH49 4LR

diaz 13:28 29 May 07

Just logged in for the first time since my original post, as again the company promised me a refund and this has still not materialised.

I am going to contact my cc company today, and thanks for all the contact details, and general advise from everybody.

sstommo 22:43 29 Jan 09

Hi Guys,

I ordered a laptop for my son in October, waited 2 weeks before I contacted them; nothing, then out of the blue they let me know it's out of stock and do I want to spend more money on a more expensive one; er no; I asked for a refund and have continued asking for refunds and they keep promising. Jan 29th and still nothing. I'm about to sue them under the Distance Selling Regulations 2000. I've told them in one last hope. I'm told it's dangerous to hold your breath for too long.
I'll keep you updated.

Sheepish 23:02 29 Jan 09

sstommo - better to start a new thread for this rather than resurect something this old.
This also gives you the chance to get email notification when people post a response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…