Response to email : How long do I wait

CooksterC 08:56 17 Sep 04

Just wondering how long I should wait for a reponse to an email.

I bought a pc from Mesh on 3rd September, and emailed them on Wednesday asking the gentleman that sold me my pc for an update on the expected dispatch date. I was told originally that it would be dispatched on 22nd September, and wanted to arrange a time with my nephew when he could come over and take my old machine, on the condition that my new machine had arrived.

I asked the salesman if there was any problems with my order arriving before next weekend (25/26 Sept). I did not receive a reply on Thursday, so sent an email to [email protected], thinking one of the other sales people may be able to help.

I have not received an email from either as yet today, but my question is: Is this acceptable? How long should I have to wait for a response to a simple question?

MESH Support 10:47 17 Sep 04
  CooksterC 10:50 17 Sep 04

But a general query what is thought to be acceptable by other users of how quick you should expect a reponse to email questions.

Thanks to Davey for responding to me. Draw your own conclusions if it is due to the post here.

thms 17:19 17 Sep 04

I'm afraid that though this may be the age of electronic messaging the chances of recieving a reply are slim.

All companies are the same and the chance of recieving a quick response is not good. They obviously recieve loads of e-mails and I suppose they will have to sort them into some sort of priority.

Having said that I have send numerous e-mails which have never been replied to. Obviously deemed as low priority or maybe they like to let you sweat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…