Requirements for transferring video tape to PC

Luthien 16:30 26 Nov 04

Any suggestions to resolve my problem? I have loads of films and home movies on video tape that I’d like to capture on my PC and burn to DVD. I also have an analogue video camera, using those little tapes. I’ve had to hook the camera to a VCR to record my footage onto standard VHS tape, but it would be so much easier if I could copy the tapes directly to my PC. I have a fairly high-spec PC, with a Hauppage Win TV card and the latest Nero burning software. What else would I need to acquire in terms of hardware and software to achieve the above? Any help would be much appreciated.

pj123 16:48 26 Nov 04

There have been many threads on this subject. Just type "vhs to dvd" in the search box on the Helproom forum. I have found 20 answers.

As other Forum members have already pointed out the quickest and easiest way is to get a Domestic DVD recorder and copy direct. Argos are now doing a Liteon LWV5005 Multi format DVD Recorder for £120 plus Delivery if you can't get to the store. Check it out here: click here

Luthien 18:27 26 Nov 04

Many thanks, pj123. This seems to resolve the VHS tape and the camcorder tape problems without having to go near the PC! Thanks again.

nundrey 20:40 26 Nov 04

HI
I was in the same dillema.Have purchased LVW5005 from argos at £120 yesterday...got £10 gift voucher as well because spent over £100!!
Go get one....reserve on line,there going quick.Have inbuilt fan which overcomes heating problems on older models.Good specs for price.Happy so far.Transferred all Hi8 material to DVD-R datawrite yellows.Infiniti DVD+RW work a treat.Info. at cdrinfo.com and dvdhelp.com

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…