Reporting spam

Hoseman 16:06 19 Aug 04

Is there an organisation I can report spam to if I get an email from a UK company or any other for that matter? Its illegal to send unsiolicited emails as far as I know so what can I do to stop some people doing it or to stop them using certain email list suppliers.

spuds 23:32 19 Aug 04

Here's a couple of links click here click here that may be of interest, but personally you will have a difficult job in stopping spam in your email box. Some anti-spam programmes can help a little, once you have set them up correctly.Spam is a multi million dollar industry, so its not going to go away overnight.

kspatto 23:42 19 Aug 04

you could try some of the orgs mentioned on page 34-35 here click here

failing that try your service provider or better still theirs if you know it

patto

kspatto 23:47 19 Aug 04

try this link everybody seems to want to talk about it but dont want to do anything constructive

click here

patto

MON1 23:57 19 Aug 04

Spamcop is quite sophisticated, and can parse the headers to discover exactly where the spam originates(often it is not the declared source, of course). They can either report each one to [email protected], or summarise for reporting to them. The advantage of summarising is that the recipient, if malicious, can't single you out for major attack later, but the advantage of individual reporting is that if it is one rotten apple in an organisation, it can be stopped. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now