Replacement Dell CDs

PaulB2005 15:04 06 Feb 07

click here

Gennersales

Anyone used then or know if they are OK? Need to source the recovery CDs for a couple of Dells where the disks are scratched or lost.

PaulB2005 15:05 06 Feb 07

Also is paying via VISA on NoChex ok? Never used it? Any pit falls? Is it fast?

Totally-braindead 15:18 06 Feb 07

Never used NoChex though I have heard of it so can't help there and son't know the company either but the pictures of the disks you get don't look like genuine Dell Recovery disks to me. They look like copies of recovery disks.
Of course perhaps the images are not of the actual disks but I suspect they are copies they have made of the recovery disks.
They will work as long as you use your genuine Dell windows serial number but I think they are copies they are selling. And I am unsure of the legality of this if I am correct.

Jackcoms 15:50 06 Feb 07

I realised recently that I had managed to 'mislay' the O/S recovery and driver CDs for my 18 month old Dell Inspiron laptop.

A quick (and polite!) call to Dell's customer services and 1 week later 3 CDs arrived on my doormat - no charge at all.

Totally-braindead 16:20 06 Feb 07

Jackcoms advice is well worth a try. Its free.

spuds 16:27 06 Feb 07

NoChex is okay. Some people who use PayPal are now using NoChex on a more regular basis. With NoChex you do not need to open an account, just pay direct by credit or debit card, its that simple.

PaulB2005 19:07 06 Feb 07

Cheers.

Discs turned up at the last minute....

Totally-braindead 19:10 06 Feb 07

Let me guess. You put them in a safe place.
I hate doing that, everytime I put something in a safe place I can't find it again.

silverous 22:42 06 Feb 07

I'm with Jackoms on this - I had same experience about a week ago, just waiting for CDs to arrive. They have a chat facility on their website which got me an instant response.

PaulB2005 11:43 07 Feb 07

"Let me guess. You put them in a safe place."

Not me. Drove 20 miles to pick up PC - HDD is dying / dead and needs replacing.

"Have you got the disk?

"Didn't come with disks"

"All Dells come with Disks. Are you sure?"

"Didn't come with disks"

"No Dell branded disks?"

"Didn't come with disks"

"Absolutely sure?"

"Didn't come with disks"

I take PC Home hoping i can clone it to a new HDD.

HDD is knackered.

Phone call...

"No disks means cost of new HDD plus Win XP Retail which is £££££"

"Didn't come with disks but i'll have a look, oh look what's this Dell CD Windows OS with SP1, Dell Driver CD"

"[naughty words under breath]"

20 mile trip - home with CDs.

PaulB2005 11:44 07 Feb 07

I'll bear that in mind for the future. I know with HP you can order new Restore CD / DVDs for £25.90 delivered. Takes 10 days but brilliant service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…