Remote and manual for plasma required

JonnyTub 17:30 06 Apr 05

Hi Guys, I've just become the proud owner of a Mitac HP-4200 Plasma screen, it was inherited from a friend who has no manual or remote, I've scoured the net for a remote and manual, or at least a compatible remote (One4All or something similar?) but found exactly zilch, apart from a place selling mounting brackets. Even Mitacs website has no mention of plasma screens so I'm wondering if it's been rebranded for the UK market.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

g0nvs 17:42 06 Apr 05

I think this ia a Samsung panel, do a search and you will find references to Samsung.

JonnyTub 18:40 06 Apr 05

Thanks will look into it.

JonnyTub 18:52 06 Apr 05

Right I've come to the conclusion it's either a rebranded Hyundai or Rebranded Mitac, the samsung didn't pan out, thanks for putting me on the trail though. The one in this link click here is exactly the same as the one in my living room only mines a mitac and theirs is a hyundai, this is becoming complicated and i'm no closer to finding the remote or manual :-(

JonnyTub 18:55 06 Apr 05

And I can't find a website for the electronics division, just cars.

JonnyTub 19:02 06 Apr 05

And it would seem I'm not alone in deciphering who actually makes the screen click here

JonnyTub 21:37 06 Apr 05

Sorted, an FCC ID number proved fruitful using the search facility on the USA's Federal Communication Commision website, the HD plasma is a rebadged Helios (who?) and i've been able to download all kinds, manual, test reports, internal photos of shots taken in the test labs and so on, plus a contact number which will help me locate a remote.

€dstowe 08:23 07 Apr 05

Hyundai service is available from click here
These people may be able to help you.

JonnyTub 08:27 07 Apr 05

Thanks €dstowe, I shall bookmark that incase the above doesn't pan out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…